Saturday, 12 November 2011

On my wishlist


On my wishlist is hosted by Book Chick City

Since I'm trying not to buy too many books on the run up to Christmas and in the vain hope I can get through my existing TBR pile I've been trying to avoid looking at the new books out next year but when I saw these two covers during the week I knew I had to add them to my "must buy the minute they come out" list.

About That Night
FBI #3
Julie James
Berkley
Publication date: 3rd April 2012


HE’S PLAYING GAMES

Though Rylann Pierce tried to fight the sparks she felt for billionaire heir Kyle Rhodes the night they met, their sizzling chemistry was undeniable. But after being stood up on their first date, Rylann never expected to see him again. So when she finds herself face to face with Kyle in a courthouse nine years later, she’s stunned. More troubling to the beautiful Assistant U.S. Attorney is that she’s still wildly attracted to him.

BUT SHE’S MAKING THE RULES

Just released from prison, Kyle Rhodes isn’t thrilled to be the star witness in a high-profile criminal case — but when Rylann comes knocking at his door, he finds she may be the one lawyer he can’t say no to. Still as gorgeous and sharp-tongued as ever, she lays down the law: she doesn’t mix business with pleasure. But Kyle won’t give up on something he wants — and what he wants is the one woman he’s never forgotten...

I loved A Lot Like Love (FBI #2) which was the first Julie James book I ever picked up, so I'm really looking forward to the next installment. A billionaire heir just of prison and some sizzling chemistry? Yes please.


Shine
Shade #3
Jeri Smith-Ready
Publication date: 1st May 2012


No other love has burned so bright

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced that she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.

I saw this cover the other day, I'm not too keen on it (I think it's the yellow bit that's putting me off) but that definetly won't stop me buying this the minute it comes out.

9 comments:

  1. I know that I will be Shine as soon as possible as well. I love this world and the idea of ghosts! I'm not keen on the yellow cover either though - but it's what's inside that I'm after! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Shades series, but it definitely looks like one I would enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shade series sounds excellent. I'm going to have to add them to me list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soooo want About That Night!!! Hope you get to read of all these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about Shine too. While the new covers are pretty I don't like that they changed them midseries. I hate when my covers don't match :/

    Have a good weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Shade series sounds really good! I'll have to go check out the first one on GR.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I can't wait to read Shine! I don't mind the new covers, I like that you can see the models face. But like you said the cover wont stop me from buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have Shine on my list too. It was a good week for finishing wishlist books. But playing with the new recommendation feature on GoodReads has added even more books to the list! Please come see what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Shade series sounds like my kind of read! Definitely goes to my wishlist :) Here's my this week's wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.