Sunday, 6 November 2011

Review: Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep

Spider's Revenge
Elemental Assasin #5
Jennifer Estep
Pocket
Publication date: 27th Sept 2011
My rating: 5 out of 5

Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through.

Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen.

Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond.

Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.

The tension and build up in Spider's Revenge had me literally on the edge of my seat with worry (I do tend to get really wrapped up in this series lol). Spider's revenge sees the FINAL battle between Gin the best kick ass assassin in Urban Fantasy and the very evil Mab Monroe.

I love the character of Gin, yes she's a cold lethal assassin who can shut down her emotions and focus like a cruise missile on her target. However, I'm firmly on team Gin as I know that everything she does is to protect the people she loves. Gin is loyal to the core and I always love that in characters.

Whilst the final showdown itself was intense and I swear I ended up gripping my book a little tighter towards the end, I also loved the tantalising little details about Gin's "family" interspersed throughout Spider's Revenge both about her real baby sister Bria and her adopted family Jo-Jo and Sophia.

I'm happy that the Gin v Mab part of the storyline has finally been resolved and I'm equally keen to find out what's next for Gin as it looks as though Gin is going off on her holidays. Somehow I can't imagine Gin being allowed to simply lounge by the pool, topping up her tan drinking cocktails. I can't wait. For me, this is still one of my all time favourite series.

2 comments:

  1. Yay 5/5!! I have this whole series and I am itching to read it, heard it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C.J you have GOT to read this series it's one of my favs and since we have alarmingly similar (and brilliant) taste in books I'm pretty sure you will LURVE it;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.