Fifty Shades #1
Publication date: 26th May
My rating: 5 out of 5
Without a shadow of a doubt Fifty Shades of Grey is my best Kindle buy EVER! I'd seen it mentioned in a few on my wish list posts and after reading the blurb I just knew I had to "add to cart." I do love the occasional hot and steamy book but it needs to have a PLOT for me to really love it, endless sex scenes do get a bit boring after a while. I wouldn't describe Fifty Shades of Grey as erotica I thought it was more of a romance with a hint of delicious spice.
Since finishing Fifty Shades I read the sequel Fifty Shades Darker and then went back to re-read Fifty Shades again I COULD NOT not stop thinking about it. If you haven't read it this probably won't make much sense to you but I just wanted to highlight this book's AWESOMENESS!!!!!
Things I can't get out of my head after reading Fifty Shades:
1. Fifty himself. He's a bit of an alpha male (and we all know how much I appreciate an alpha male), he's a powerful multi gazillionaire, he's in his twenties and is never pictured with any trophy girlfriends at charity doo's. He prefers to keep his "relationships" behind closed doors- the doors of his playroom to be exact, where he is the master.
2. Grey ties. Seriously, never again will I be able to look at a grey tie without giggling to myself and daydreaming about Ana and Fifty at her graduation ceremony.
3. The contract. In particular Ana's horror at some of the things on the contract drawn up by Fifty. Exercising four days a week??? I loved Ana's snarky answer that she expects him to be keeping her well exercised anyway.
4. The email exchanges. God they made me laugh..
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: Burning the Midnight Oil
Date: May 24 2011. 00:10
To: Christian Grey
If you recall, I was going through the list when I was distracted and bedded by
a passing control freak.
5. Steamy lift encounters. As Fifty himself said what is it about lifts??
6. Laters Baby. I can't stop saying it and no one knows what the hell I'm on about...
I could go on and on and on..... But I won't, just go buy it you will not regret it.
Obviously I will be having Fifty as my book boyfriend post this week so pop back later for some of my favourite quotes and probably some very yummy pictures.
Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? Does it sound like your kind of book?
I'm desperate to know!