Wednesday, 14 December 2011

My book boyfriend #29 Travis from Beautiful Disaster


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader


The very irresistible but quite literally bonkers mad Travis "Mad dog" Maddox from Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster is my book boyfriend this week.

Abby or "Pidge" as he calls her is the only girl not to immediately fall for Travis's charms and they become good friends but as their relationship develops Travis really falls for Pidge in a big way and they end up having an explosively volatile relationship.


Some Travis Facts:
He's a bare knuckle fighter.
He is a complete alpha male and women love him.
He's madly possessive with an explosive temper.
He's actually very intelligent.
He's got tattoos and a motorbike.



“I clinked my bottle against his.
“To being the only girl a guy with no standards doesn’t want to sleep with.” I said, taking a swig.
“Are you serious?” he asked, pulling the bottle from my mouth. When I didn’t recant, he leaned toward me.
“First of all…I have standards. I’ve never been with an ugly woman. Ever. Second of all, I wanted to sleep with you. I thought about throwing you over my couch fifty different ways, but I haven’t because I don’t see you that way anymore. It’s not that I’m not attracted to you, I just think you’re better than that.”
I couldn’t hold back the smug smile that crept across my face. “You think I’m too good for you.”
He sneered at my second insult. “I can’t think of a single guy I know that’s good enough for you.”   




“I know we're f***** up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I f****** love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...”



“You can’t tell me what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!”
In the second it took him to turn and face me, his expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face.“WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.”

You NEED to read Beautiful Disaster it is absolutely fantastic, Travis completely made the book for me. Thanks to the very gorgeous tattooed Parker Hurley for being a perfect Travis.

15 comments:

  1. Even though I was not the bigger fan of this book, I must say that Travis had his moments of hotness.

    At the beginning I liked him a lot, mostly when he tried to get under her skin (or clothes or whatever, LOL).

    He is too aggressive for my type, but still hot I guess ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover, this book sounds interesting. THat last quote in particular is amazing. Parker Hurley seems like the perfect Travis, he's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh...my....um...I can haz sexy man nowz?? WOW! I am totally in LURVE with Travis after those quotes! They are...just amazing...I LOVE an aggressive guy...holy crap... I NEED this book...look what you've done to me! I'm rambling now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet but I do have it on my kindle! I can't wait! I hear wonderful things about Travis! Your pics are great! Very hot!

    Check Out My Book Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked the most perfect quotes. You can feel his sex appeal from a mile away. Even without the yummy manilicious pics.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quotes are amazing especially the last one. I'm usually not a fan of uber-alphas, but he sounds too sexy to resist. I have thing for tattoos, I guess. ;)

    Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-book-boyfriend-17-judd-lauren.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Parker Hurley!!! I mean look at that torso! hehe

    Also, that middle quote totally made me swoon. I like how Travis is willing to fight to stay with her, even if they are all wrong for each other! If Abby doesn't want him, I'll happily take him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a weak spot for tattoed man...and those quotes sound fantastic! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you have convinced me... I need to read this book and steal him for my man harem! ;D YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should say.. OMG YOU totally got me with those quotes!! I need to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Well I belong to you" Nwaaaaaaaaaah what a line!!

    I don't know if I want to swoon, fan myself, or wipe the drool off my chin? I think I need to do all three. Awesome quotes you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crap that last scene!!! I need this book asap >_<

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I'm pretty speechless right now!! Travis....is just wow and you picked an awesome model to portray him!! PURE AWESOMENESS!!! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, you NEED to go and read Fifty Shades now!

      Delete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.