Monday, 26 December 2011

My top 10 books of 2011


 
I hope everyone had a fab Christmas and is having a relaxing Boxing Day. I'm playing with the kids toys and eating my entire body weight in Thorntons chocolates and eating the obligatory turkey sandwiches but I'm also looking back at my favourite books of 2011. This is the first year I've really counted how many books I've actually read (248!!!) so it was quite difficult to narrow it down to my top ten favourite books of 2011 but I had a go.

My absolute favourite books of 2011



Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Barrons. That is all.




Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
I love Nalini Singh's psy/changeling series it's one of my all time favs. I was literally counting down the days until Kiss of Snow's release and it was so worth it. Hawke in all his alpha male glory.


Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James
Seriously. THE best kindle purchase I made all year. I feel in love with Fifty and haven't stopped going on about this ever since.


Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent
Blood Bound kinda blew me away, I loved Vincent's shifters series but this is even better. Brilliant start to a new series.


My favourite YA books of 2011



Divergent by Veronica Roth
It lived up to all of the hype and then some. I loved Tris to bits and Four *fans self* had book boyfriend written all over him.


Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Jennifer Estep is an auto buy for me, I loved the mix of modern day and mythology in her new YA series.

 


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I kind of enjoyed Lola but it wasn't a patch on Anna, my copy on right on my all time favs shelf on my bookcase.
2011 was the year I discovered Aussie YA- here's my top 3



Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
I couldn't believe Graffiti Moon was on net galley and I still remember the Sunday afternoon I read it. It's the kind of book that reminds you why you love reading in the first place.



Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
My first Melina Marchetta book. It's just heart stoppingly brilliant.


On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I'll admit I was confused at first. I had no idea where the hell On the Jellicoe Road was going but it all magically comes together. I never actually wrote a review for this because I honestly couldn't put into words how amazingly fantastic this book it. Daft I know.

21 comments:

  1. Wow- thanks for sharing!
    I agree with you about Barrons- I'm still swooning months later!
    Some of the others are on my shelf to read. I think they've just been bumped up the pile!
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must finally read the Karen Marie Moning books. I hear such fantastic things about them and Barrons! I also mentioned Fifty Shades in my post. AMAZING! I need to read Blood Bound. I loved Divergent and I really must read this Jellicoe Road I keep hearing about! Great picks!
    My Top 10 of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful list, Lesley. Divergent and Anna and the French Kiss are on my list, too, and I definitely need to read Graffiti Moon and Touch of Frost as soon as possible! :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. New convert to Singh's P/C series (read 2-8 this year). So looking forward to reading Hawke's book :D

    Christina's list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lists!! I LOVE Melina Marchetta, Looking for Alibrandi by her is good too and Saving Francesca is one of my favourite ever books! I think Divergent made everyone's list.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on Shadowfever! And Barrons *sighs wistfully*

    ...

    *coughs* Erm, yeah, what, oh! Books! lol I loved Divergent too and need to get a move on and read Jellicoe Road. I also want to read the Psy/Changling series but there are so many I've been putting it off. One day though I'll get them. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 3 YA picks! Jennifer didn't make it onto my list but I really enjoy her Frost series ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMFG where does your header-picture come from? *gasps* I LOVE it!

    And I'm a new Networked Blogs follower for that reason alone.. Although looking at your list.. *g*

    I have one of the Fever novels on my list, as well as Blood Bound, and Divergent. And I really love the Psy Changeling series, (although I didn't like KoS that much) and Anna and the French Kiss.

    Happy Holidays,
    Patricia

    (And I'll just keep staring at that picture..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Graffiti Moon also made my Top 10! I have and need to read Jellicoe Road and Saving Francesca. Anna, Touch of Frost, and Divergent are on my wishlist. Great Top 10!

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep gr8 list touch of frosrt was pretty rad

    my top ten

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got Graffiti Moon in my TBR pile and have promised myself I'll read a Marchetta book next year.

    All three of your YA books were some of my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I´ve Divergent and Shadowfever in my list too!
    I love Melina Marchetta books, they´re awesome!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read one book in your top 10!! Although as that book was Touch of Frost I have to agree that it was great and will on my top books of the year. I think that officially means I have plenty to read in 2012!

    248 read books in 2012..Wow. Just wow. That is seriously impressive. I was happy to make 150 but you've left me in the dust. Congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna and the French Kiss and Graffiti Moon are on my list as well. They're both so amazing. Great selection!

    I'm a new follower. :)
    Andie
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you did your list broken up ~ great idea! And congrats on all the books you read this year! That's an awesome achievement!!

    I think I might be the only one who read Dark Fever and got to the end and said, "huh?". I have the next books b/c I didn't want to give up on the series. I can't wait to into Blood Bound and I'm going to have to add Nalini Singh's series to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some great books on there that I added to me TBR pile!

    Angie
    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read Darkfever this year... but I didn't get to finish it due to some problem with my reading app but ill take sometime to read it soon. I have not read anythign from Nalini Singh but I'll check out her books. Fifty Shades of Grey is new to me, must check this one out. Blood Bound I have it on my list but never got a chance to read it I guess this 2012 lol Divergent is really good! as well as Anna. Graffiti is on my honorable mention. I need to read On The Jellicoe Road for reals! but I'm afraid if id like it or not.

    Here' s my Top 10 Books of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how you categorized your list! I heard amazing things about Jellicoe Rd

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Divergent and Anna and the French Kiss!! I need to read Touch of Frost soon! It's definitely my type of book, but I can't believe I haven't read it yet :/
    Awesome list <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Jellicoe Road and Graffiti Moon! I love those books. AaTFK, Touch of Frost, and Divergent were great as well. I haven't gotten to Shadowfever yet, but I will soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im seeing Melina Marchetta all over the best of 2011 posts this week, Ive not read any of her stuff but I think I gotta!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.