Saturday, 3 December 2011

On my wishlist


On my wishlist is hosted by Book Chick City 

Shaedes of Gray
Amanda Bonilla
Publication date: 6th Dec 2011



In the shadows of the night, Darian has lived alone for almost a century. Made and abandoned by her former love, Darian is the last of her kind—an immortal Shaede who can slip into darkness as easily as breathing. With no one else to rely on, she has taught herself how to survive, using her unique skills to become a deadly assassin.

When Darian's next mark turns out to be Xander Peck, King of the Shaede Nation, her whole worldview is thrown into question. Darian begins to wonder if she's taken on more than her conscience will allow. But a good assassin never leaves a job unfinished...

I stumbled across this on Goodreads, I hadn't heard anything about it but the blurb sounds pretty good. I've been reading a tonne of YA recently and just fancy something a little bit grittier.

Abbi Glines
Publication date: 13th Dec 2011


What happens when you are stalked by Death? You fall in
love with him of course. Pagan Moore doesn’t cheat Death, instead, she falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore, has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn’t let them know she could see them, they left her alone. Until she steps out of her car on the first day of school and sees an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead. Not only does he not go away, when she ignores him he does something none of the others have ever done; he speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What Pagan doesn’t realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul. He is Death and he is about to break all the rules.

This cover really caught my eye, it won't be available to buy on Amazon until the 13th of December so I need to write a little note to myself to head over to Amazon first thing to "add to basket".

10 comments:

  1. I confess I was so taken with the cover and synopsis of Shaedes of Gray that I've pre-ordered it!! I don't do that very often with authors I've not read before so it's a bit of a risk but I'm hoping it will pay off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same Mel I read the blurb and went straight to The Book Depository to order it. I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Existences sounds incredible. I've just added it to my wishlist on GR. Not only does the summary sounds promising, but that cover is HOTT!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove the cover of Existence! And the blur! Definitely goes to my wishlist too :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of Shaedes until I saw a few people reading on GR too...It looks like it's set in Seattle, love that! Must check this one out, the blurb sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shaedes of Gray has been all over Twitter. I haven't looked it up so this is the first I've actually read about the book. And I have to say, I'm intrigued. Putting it on my wishlist now.

    Hope you get to read these soon!


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound fantastic- and it's good to read a variety of books to make a change sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these books look really, really great! I need to add them to my Goodreads, too! Great post! Here's mine: http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2011/12/on-my-wishlist-1.html

    I'm following you on Networked Blogs now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wishing for a picture book. Please come see which one it is and who recommended it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also chose Shaedes of Gray. I've seen some great reviews for it. Hope it lives up to all the hype ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.