Monday, 12 December 2011

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Publication date: 26th May 2011
My rating: 4.5 out of 5




The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is the kind of book firmly in the guilty pleasure category for me it was sexy and dangerous but in a screw loose kind of way. It's a good girl meets bad guy story, she's immune to his charms and he likes the fact she doesn't fawn over him like the rest of the female population queue many many sexy times and arguments.

Travis "Mad dog" Maddox made the entire story for me, he's a bare knuckle fighter (think Fight Club), well known ladies man, alpha male but with a brain. However, he's also a madly possessive and jealous type with real violent tendencies. I couldn't help but like him although at times he kinda scared the shit out of me too if I'm honest. He's the kind of guy if your best friend was involved with you would be begging her to ditch him but secretly you would have the hots for him. Anyway, as a character I liked him but I know I shouldn't. Definite guilty pleasure.

I also liked the main female character Abby or Pidge as Travis calls her, but most of the time I didn't agree with her choices. Theirs is the kind of relationship that is hot but volatile, there were moments I really thought enough already- end it please, he's bonkers mad but then he did something sweet and I caved again just like Pidge.

Like this book their relationship really was a beautiful disaster. I warn you now this is totally addictive if you like mad, bad, sexy, damaged, tattooed guy with a motorbike (that you would run a mile from in real life) then read Beautiful Disaster you will love it. One last thing- I wonder if we will see more of Travis's brothers in the future? I hope so. 

5 comments:

  1. I DO like mad, bad, sexy, damaged, tattooed guys with motorbikes!

    I'm so anxious to read this book! I've read a lot of the quotes on GR for this book (its one of the ways I decide if a book is for me) and fell in love with the romance. I have this on my xmas list right now and your reivew made me want it even more!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review hun! I started this book at 5am this morning and finished it off by 11am. I couldn't STOP reading!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Donna. Travis is sooo yummy:)

      Delete
    2. oh my goodness I did the same exact thing with this book!!! One sitting... AMAZING!

      Delete
  3. Reading this now, and I can't get enough. I'm so annoyed I have to work! Lol. Travis, I'm in love.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.