Saturday, 14 January 2012

In my mailbox #38


In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

Hope everyone is having a good week, I went back to work *le sigh* after the festive break full of good intentions that I would remain calm at all times and think positive thoughts. That lasted about 20 minutes.

I've also pretty much blown my New Year book resolutions too, which were as follows: 1. Don't request so many books from Netgalley and 2.Write the review immediately after finishing the book. So after only two weeks I've requested 8 books from Netgalley (OMG 8!) and I have 7 (arrgghhh) reviews to write!

Here's the book goodness I received this week.


For review
Advent by James Treadwell
Grave Dance by Kalayna Price
(I have Grave Witch somewhere so I will need to dig that out first)
Thanks to Hodder & Stoughton and Berkley UK

I bought
Lothaire by Kresley Cole
(I couldn't put it down, Lothaire is such a baddie!)
Winging It by Deborah Cooke

From netgalley

 Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
(Pretty excited about this one, it was on my wish list and will count towards my 2012 Debut authors challenge!) 
Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
Spin by Catherine McKenzie
Touch Me by Callie Croix
Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
Midnight Reckoning by Kendra Leigh Castle

 RAK
Dark Descendant by Jenna Black
This is one of those books I've been meaning to read for ages and the lovely Jodie @ Books for Company who is one of my favourite book swappers sent me it as a surprise. Cheers Jodie!

Leave a link so that I can see what you got in your mailbox this week:)

18 comments:

  1. I am with you - I've been trying to catch up with my review writing as well! Its so difficult especially with so much real life and reading to do! You've just given me a huge push to go trawling netgalley as well...hope you get a chance to read them all and review them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you'll enjoy The Fault in Our Stars. I loved it.
    Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many awesome books! I have a number of these and just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I hope you enjoy all of them though! Happy reading. :)

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Dark Descendant! Hopefully you will too. I really need to catch up on Cole's series so I can see why everyone has been raving about Lothaire ;)

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to write my reviews as soon as I was done with the book and I don't know what happened but I am falling very far behind in my reviews. Good luck! and great books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really very nice. I think everyone got Lothaire this week or The Fault in Our Stars. Been seeing them everywhere. I got Lothaire as well this week. Great haul.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to read The Fault In Our Stars. It sounds like such an awesome book. I hope you enjoy everything! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books you got this week. Netgalley is so addictive. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know how you feel - the books that are currently available on NetGalley are just too awesome to be true. I wish I could read faster or that my days would be longer, so I could request, request, request. :D

    Enjoy these!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Had Lies beneath too! Great books, Enjoy them all!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Fault in Our Stars is absolutely amazing! I hope you're going to love it, too!
    And oh wow, you got an ARC of Advent! Wow.

    Enjoy your books,
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant
    http://tinyurl.com/7xdmqck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great IMM! I requested Me and Earl today so I'm really excited about this one :) And you got the new John Green book too, how cool! I SO need to get a copy!

    Here's my IMM for this week.

    Have a nice weekend!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set! Seems like everyone got the John Green book. I really want to read Pretty Crooked.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anndddd another John Green book :) haha it looks good though! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Fault in Our Stars was amazing! Hope you enjoy it too!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought tfios this week too and am almost finished with it, it's pretty amazing:) I'm looking forward to Welcome Caller, This is Chloe, I'll have to check back and see what you thought of it! Great books this week:)

    My IMM:
    http://www.flyleafreview.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower here! I do the same thing with Netgalley,lol! Here is my IMM if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are more than welcome, enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.