Sunday, 29 January 2012

in my mailbox #40

In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

My mailbox was pretty quiet all week until yesterday, I almost thought I wouldn't have anything to show you! Here's what I ended up with:

 

For review
The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
(I'm going to read these two next as they sound fantastic)

The Last Four Things by Paul Hoffman
The Broken Road by B.R. Collins
The Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists by Gideon Defoe
(I'm not sure these 3 are my kind of thing)

I bought
Someone Else's Life
(I didn't think I was getting a review copy so now I have two
copies which means giveaway time!).
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

I borrowed
A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton
(from Jodie @ Books for Company)

I also got two audio books this week from Audible.co.uk. I still can't make my mind up about audio books they seem to be a bit slow for me, probably because I do read quite fast so I get frustrated at how long it takes for me to finish one. I decided to get 2 older books that I've been meaning to read for ages.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

What was in your mailbox this week?

12 comments:

  1. I love Audible! lol

    Ohhh I'll be looking out for that giveaway, someone else's life sounds great and The catastrophic history... sounds good to, I'll look out for your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm very excited about Someone Else's Life and The Catastrophic History of You and Me. I've seen them for quite some time and the summary looks very good :)
    I haven't listened to many audiobooks, so... But someday I have to read City of Ashes, as I have only read the first one of the series.

    Have fun reading~
    My IMM: http://sweetsweetpages.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I'm really excited about the Catastrophic H. and Someone Else's Life! I hope they're going to be good! Happy reading :)

    Here's my IMM for this week.

    Have a great weekend,
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Alchemy of Forever sounds really good to me too! ;) I'm the same about audio books, stopped using them because I read faster thanI listen, they just seem too slow :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Alchemy of Forever sounds interesting and I agree about the audio books--sometimes the narrator is also annoyingly over-expressive or monotonous, so I tend to stay away from them. Anyway, happy reading!

    Here's my IMM: http://nicoleslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only listen to audio books in the kitchen when I'm cooking or eating so it does take me ages to go through one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've only read one of your books. Nice Girls don't have Fangs is really funny, I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to get an audiobook for working out on the treadmill. :D It can get a little bit boring, so I thought it might be good to listen to a book. But I soooo can't decide on what audiobook to get. :D

    The books you got look awesome. I have an eGalley of Someone Else's Life and hope to read it soon. I've also ordered a copy of The Catastrophic History of You & Me and really want to read The Alchemy of Forever.

    Enjoy these and have a lovely week!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting mailbox!
    I haven't read a single one of those, but A Beautiful Evil is definitely on my wish list :)

    Also, I'm not a big fan of audio books. Just can't sit still and only listen for so long without doing anything else. >.< eh...

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading City of Ashes right now and its good so far. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really REALLY want to read The Alchemy of Forever. I've heard that its super amazing and I hope you enjoy it!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone Else's Life is very good. It's an emotional rollercoaster.

    I love audiobooks for in the car during my daily commute. It makes the time go much faster and pleasantly than listening to the same songs every day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.