Wednesday, 18 January 2012

My book boyfriend #32- Lucius Vladescu


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader



This week's book boyfriend is Romanian vampire prince Lucius Vladescu from Beth Fantaskey's Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side.

Despite being arrogant and a bit overprotective Lucius is my kinda guy he's funny without realising it (I loved the letters he sent home to his uncle with his dry, sarcastic comments about high school and teenage life) as well as being tall, dark and handsome. Oh, and he's a prince with his own castle!



“Lucius paused, turning on his heel to face me. "I grow weary of your ignorance." He moved closer to me, leaning down and peering into my eyes. "Because your parents refuse to inform you, I will deliver the news myself,and I shall make this simple for you." He pointed to his chest and announced, as though talking to a child, "I am a vampire." He pointed to my chest. "You are a vampire. And we are to be married, the moment you come of age. This has been decreed since our births."

I couldn't even process the "getting married" part, or the thing about "decreed." He'd lost me at "vampire."

Nuts. Lucius Vladescu is completely nuts. And I'm alone with him, in an empty barn.

So I did what any sane person would do. I jammed the pitchfork in the general direction of his foot and ran like hell for the house, ignoring his yowl of pain. ”  


“No one's making any decisions today," Mom translated. "It's late, and we're all tired and a little overwhelmed. Besides, Lucius, Jessica is not ready to contemplate marriage. She hasn't even kissed a boy yet, for goodness' sake."

Lucius smirked at me, raising one eyebrow. "Really? No suitors? How shocking. I would have thought your pitchfork skills would be attractive to certain bachelors here in farm country.”  



“You're a wrestler, right, Jake?" Dad asked, passing Jake more saag. My parents were in an Indian food phase. The evening's entree consisted of limp spinach. God forbid we'd throw a few burgers on the grill and just have a barbecue when guests came over.

Jake gave the bright green, mushy contents a wary glance but accepted the bowl. "Yeah. I wrestle. I'm captain this year."

"How Greco-Roman of you," Lucius said dryly, lifting a glob of spinach and letting it drip, slowly, from his fork. "Grappling about on mats.”    



“I want to ask you – in this place where we were promised to one another by mandate – to marry me not because doing so is required of you, but because you love me as I love you,” he says. “I ask you to choose me of your own free will, because that is how I choose YOU, Antanasia. Not to fulfil a pact, but to follow my heart, which will settle for nothing less than a life with you by my side.”





Taylor Kitsch is the perfect Lucius with his longish hair and oh-so-perfectly muscular body.

Make sure you check out my book boyfriend next week as I have Raniero the vampire assassin turned beach bum from Jessica Rules the Dark Side making an appearance and he's dangerously hot!

10 comments:

  1. Taylor always makes a good vamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That first scene is so funny. I guess Lucius needs a lesson on how to properly break bad news to people. LOL

    I can't wait to read this book and imagine Taylor as Lucius. He's a delicious vampire prince.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this book on my Kindle and now I am itching to read it. Lucius sounds super hot and I have had a major crush on Taylor since the beginning of Friday Night Lights. Great quotes!

    Jennifer
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-book-boyfriend-21-lothaire.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this book on GR this morning, and I was intrigued. Sounds like a great book! ::Goes to Amazon now::

    Here's my book boyfriend this week: http://megancurd.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-book-boyfriend-2-will-herondale.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I wasn't a fan of this book, I am definitely a fan of Taylor and the pictures you posted. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I need to read this one. AND look at him! Oh I would date him anytime. Melissa's guide to leaving my harem men alone! MINE! Good title? LOL

    Such a great choice. He wouldn't have lost me at vampire. I'd be lost in those eyes already. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha he is funny and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had this in my TBR for awhile now. I never got a chance to read it. Seeing Lucius I think I will just pick it up next and maybe borrow Tyler to portrait my boyfriend ;)

    Oh Zhadisht is one of my favorite from all the brothers. LOVE him :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I so need to get to this book! Love the sound of this book and the Lucius sounds like a huge plus ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.