Thursday, 26 January 2012

Review: Fifty Shades Freed by EL James


Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades #3
E.L. James
Publication date: 19th Jan 2012
My rating: 5 out of 5




When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.

Now, together, they have more – love, passion, intimacy, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy, and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control, and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.

Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past. 

I was desperate to read Fifty Shades Freed the final part in the Fifty Shades trilogy. The first book Fifty Shades of Grey was one of my favourite books of 2011. It made a real impression on me. I fell completely in love with the control freak millionaire Fifty and quickly added him to my top ten book boyfriends of all time list which is a true honour indeed. I thought it was both funny and sad, hot and delicious and well worth the 5 out of 5 rating.

I genuinely thought about ditching work to read Fifty Shades Freed (I didn't- I'm a big coward) so how do I feel now it's all over? I loved every minute of it and even went back to reread the first book again for another Fifty fix.

I cheered out loud when Ana finally grew a set and stuck up for herself.  Fifty was a complete and utter shit to Ana when she needed him most. Although I've always liked Ana I have felt at times she seemed to get railroaded by Fifty so I definitely had more respect for Ana as a character by the end. And Fifty? Yeah I forgave him in the end (I'm always very forgiving of my book boyfriends) what can I say? his hotness blinds me and his hidden vulnerability makes me melt.

Without giving anything away, I thought the ending was well deserved and felt right to me. I like a conclusion. In saying that, I am sad I won't get any further Fiftyness but I know I can always reread my favourite bits- the snarky email exchange and that first lift encounter *fans self.* so I think I will survive. And (it's just a suggestion) if E.L. James wants to write a "Fifty at the age of Fifty" update/reunion book I know I would buy it. All joking aside, I'm genuinely keen to see what E.L. James comes up with next as she definitely has the knack of writing very memorable characters, and if it's anything like this series I'll be first in line to buy it.

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome hun. My thoughts exactly, even though I barely mentioned my thoughts in the review lol. I'm sad its over, and I want more Fifty. I want Fifty Shades in Christians POV! Lol

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad i enjoyed Christian and Ana's story.
    Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my
    head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. Thank you so much.You Are a great writer...EL james

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my
    head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. Thank you so much.You Are a great writer...EL james

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anastasia Steele
    Kristen Stewart has finally responded to rumors that she's a favorite to play
    Wow! she's beautiful no matter what you do ...try her with robert it looks cool i'm sure...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.