Wednesday, 1 February 2012

My book boyfriend #34- Johnny from the Persephone Alcmedi series


I absolutely love the Persephone Alcmedi series by Linda Robertson, it's a gritty urban fantasy with a fantastic witch/vamp/waere combination. I am firmly and I mean firmly on team warewolf in this one.

Johnny is the lead singer of Lycanthropa (cool band name or what?) he's a 6'2" leather clad tattooed bad boy biker hunk who always goes commando. In the first few books his one liners full of innuendo had me laughing out loud but as the series gets darker and waere Johnny becomes the Domn Lup (head of all waere's) his waere side becomes more dominant which puts a real strain on his relationship with witch Seph.

 
He wore tight black jeans and an unbuttoned black-on-black shirt, flat black with stripes that were just a bit shinier. Under it, a white tank clung to his lean body, revealing the curve of pectorals, the dip under the sternum, the wave of abs. In the near-dark, it was all just levels of shadow, but those contours made me yearn to touch him, to rip off the shirt and reveal the myriad tattoos underneath so I could trace them with my fingers, with my tongue. The tight jeans with their pocket accent chains and scarlet wolf's-head patches paired with the leather biker boots completed Johnny's bad-boy rocker style. Oh. Yeah.


He was so comfortable in his own skin. I envied that. He dipped his chin down and managed to make it seem as if he was looking up at me. It was very male, very sexual, and I knew another sexual allusion was coming. "Your running impressed me tonight, and I must confess," his voice dropped low again, "knowing you have such strong thighs and a penchant for moving fast makes me very excited." 


The right thing to do would be for you to acknowledge that you feel something for me that's remotely close to what I feel for you. I've asked for only a single grain of sand from you, Persephone, while I'm the whole fucking beach at your feet.



The Johnny quotes above are all from the second book in the series Hallowed Circle. I wanted to put some Johnny quotes from Wicked Circle which I just finished reading but the best quotes are a little bit too hot *fans self.* Seriously though, if you like gritty urban fantasy then this series is one of the best out there.

I think the very rough and tattooed model Josh Wald could play Johnny today. He. Is. Fine.

8 comments:

  1. Nom! That is all lol. Adding to the TBR!!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I definitely need to read this series!
    Greaaat pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley!!!

    Where has Johnny been all my life. For real, this quote made me squirm in my seat, "knowing you have such strong thighs and a penchant for moving fast makes me very excited."

    Sorry about the TMI, but DAMN! Really, I don't know if I could have handled even HOTTER quotes. You know I'm a vampire lover, but for Johnny, I just might change my whole religion. Thank you for this post. I'm off to add the books to my TBR right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He wore tight black jeans and an unbuttoned black-on-black shirt he does sound like sinner. I need a Johnny for my boyfriend. Can I borrow yours! *bats lashes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last quote is awesome! While your rep is gorgeous. I'll have to look these books up! They sound interesting and like something I like reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa added to my TRB pile!! This guy looks amazing!! :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this, but I am sold! Love sexy UF guys: weres, vamps, whatever!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.