Wednesday, 7 March 2012

My book boyfriend #39 - Mark from Time Out by Jill Shalvis


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader



I had never read anything by Jill Shalvis until I requested Time Out from Net Galley. I've clearly been missing out as I absolutely loved it.If you like an alpha male who is tough, smart and as cool as a cucumber who's also intense and knows what he wants then Time Out is the book for you.

Mark Diego is a top NHL coach back in his home town to teach two of his players, who ended up in a brawl and found themselves splashed all over the internet, a lesson. In an attempt to give something back to the community Mark arranges for them to coach the local kids. Mark himself ends up agreeing to coach the girls team supervised by Rainey a childhood friend who had a huge crush on him growing up. The chemistry between Mark and Rainey is hot, the scene in the cupboard nearly melted my kindle. Melted I tell you.



"So you're okay with this? Working with me, even though you've done your best to ignore me all these years?"
He grinned.
And oh, that grin. He flashed white, straight teeth and a light of pure trouble in his eyes, and she helplessly responded.
Damn hormones.
"We're grown-ups," she said. "We can handle this- you working for me. Right? We can do it for all these kids.
"Working for you" he murmured in that bedroom voice.
"I'm the athletic director so yeah. You coaching is you working for me. You're working under me and my command." She gave him a look. "You have a problem with that?"
"No problem at all." His gaze dropped to her mouth. "Though I'd much rather have you under me."



"What's your hurry?" Mark asked, snaking an arm around her to hold her in place. The kids were all gone. She and Mark were hidden from view of the building by the dugout. Knowing no one could see her, she closed her eyes, absorbing the feeling of being this close to him. Unattainable, she reminded herself. He was completely unattainable.
"I just..." Her brain wasn't running on all cylinders.
"You just..." he repeated helpfully, his lips accidentally brushing her earlobe. Or at least she assumed it was accidental. However it happened, her knees wobbled.
"I..." His hand was low on her belly, holding her in place against him. "Wait-what are you doing?"
"We never really got to say hello in private." He tightened his grip. "Hello, Rainey"
"It's been too long." he murmured against her jaw.




She pressed even closer, plastering herself to him, fighting the urge to wrap her legs around his waist as a low, very male sound rumbled  in his throat.
"This doesn't mean anything," she panted, not letting go. "You still drive me insane," she said.
He let out a groaning laugh, murmured something that might have been a "right back at you" and kissed her some more.
And God help her, she kissed him back until they had to break apart or suffocate.
"God, Rainey," he whispered hotly against her lips.
"I know-"
"Maybe you should throw your clipboard at me"
"Don't tempt me"

You guys NEED to buy the kindle melting Time Out by Jill Shalvis. Model Victor Ross is my ideal Mark all intense and what about those cheekbones?

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh that book sounds great. Lol I love the first quote. Totally saw the innuendo coming on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Lesley. I love you because you've introduced this man to me. And now I want him. Adding this to my TBR!

    http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-book-boyfriend-32-daniel-from-telesa.html

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my my my. I want him now. He has my pulse racing. Going to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those cheekbones! I have a hockey this week too!
    http://www.autumnreview.com/2012/03/my-book-boyfriend-37-shea-alder.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh whoa! The sizzle between those two is so hot! And Oh Em Yummm, where did you find that model. I'm gonna have to google him now, and maybe even steal him. He could have been my Reyes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...yummy! Those quotes almost made me go all swoony! That model is GORGEOUS! You always picked the best MBBs!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-book-boyfriend-28-william.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YES! RAWR! He is such a hottie... and melting you kindle hot? Oh yes... do sign me up for some of that! *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear lord...those are some great quotes. I think it's time I reach out beyond my normal paranormal reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like it like it!! The quotes are great!! I love this guy!! I should definitely read this book <3 :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of Jill's books are incredibly sexy, hot and fun! This one will be no different I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finished the book last night. I had to go to bed early so I could read it. It was awesome. Hot, hot, hot. Funny. Sexy. Loved it. Can't wait for Jill's next book.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.