Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Review: Time Out by Jill Shalvis


Time Out
Jill Shalvis
Harlequin
Publication date: 21st Feb 2012





Sign up for recreational adult programs now!
Class: How to Drive Him Crazy

Instructional program for women unexpectedly facing the totally dishy guy from their past. Everyone Welcome!

NHL coach Mark Diego’s plan to spend his off-season volunteering in his hometown goes awry when he learns that not only is he coaching teenage girls, but that the program is coordinated by energetic (and five feet two inches of trouble) coordinator Rainey Saunders, his childhood friend–and the woman he could never stand to see dating any other guy…

When their tempers flare, Mark and Rainey discover their fireworks don’t just burn angry–they burn very, very, hot! But that’ll just sweeten the victory. Because Mark always plays to win. And with Rainey, he’s planning on playing very dirty too...

Time Out is one hot little number. NHL coach Mark Diego and programme coordinator Rainey's heat and chemistry is off the charts. The only reason I gave it a 4.5 out of 5 is that I wanted MORE!

Time Out has everything I like in a modern day romance: a tough, smart intense alpha male who is as cool as ice and protective of those he loves and a female lead who takes no crap, has a heart of gold and has an unresolved history with the alpha male. I also like a huge helping of humour, some snarky comments and laugh out loud moments and a hot romance. Time Out has all of that and more.

After a brawl involving two of his top players Mark arranges a period of community service for the players in an attempt to show them the error of their ways. Mark ends up back in his home town and finds himself coaching the girls team in the programme run by Rainey. Four years older than Rainey, Mark had no idea she'd had a huge crush on him growing up until she turned up at his dorm room on her sixteenth birthday and stripped off for him only to find Mark already "in the throes" with a coed. Their friendship ruined they had only seen each other a few times as Mark spent the next few years climbing his way up the coaching ladder finally landing the head coaching position at the Mammoths.

I loved how Rainey tries to explain to Mark that the team plays for fun, but top coach Mark plays to win and starts to coach the uncoachable girls as well as sorting out sports gear and equipment the team needs. Rainey's genius plan to use their celebrity status to raise funds results in a date with Mark and the two players being auctioned off and as Rainey bids for Mark (with money helpfully given to her by Mark's team) the story begins to get hotter and hotter. Having never read anything by Jill Shalvis before (I know shame on me!) I've now added a few of her books to my "I must buy" list I've clearly been missing out.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 and that's only because I wanted more!

Thanks to Harlequin and Net Galley for the opportunity to read and review Time Out.

2 comments:

  1. I like Jill 's books..great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kimba88, as I said I've clearly been missing out but I've added quite a few of Jill's books to my TBR list now.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.