Wednesday, 11 April 2012

My book boyfriend #43 The Iron Duke

My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader

13560468

My book boyfriend this week is Rhys Trahaearn the Duke of Anglesey from The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook. I’ve been in love with the dark and forbidding Rhys since I first read The Iron Duke in 2010 and it was only when I re-read it recently I realised that I’d never added him to my ever growing list of book boyfriends. Shame on Me.

I have roughly about five billion favourite quotes from The Iron Duke, it’s been complete torture to pull out just a few of my all time favourites.





imagesCAAV70WI

“She turned to find a man as big as his voice. Oh, damn the news sheets. They hadn’t been kind to him- they’d been kind to their readers, protecting them from the effect of this man… He was just as hard and as handsome as the caricatures had portrayed- altogether dark and forbidding, with a gaze as pointed and as guarded as the fence that was his namesake. The Iron Duke wasn’t as tall as his statue, but still taller than any man had a right to be.”


untitled



“He lifted his head, but didn’t release her. His thumb brushed her bottom lip. “You will accept me. And now I will know you, even if you come to me in the dark.

Know her? Arrogant, insufferable  knacker. He knew nothing about her.
And she didn’t need her weapons to get him away from her. Not when he was so stupid as to come this close. Her hand shot to the front of his breeches, making claws of her fingers and trapping his genitals in a tight grip. He froze. As if testing, she hefted the firm weight she found. Heavy, but so very delicate.   She bared her teeth. “And even in the dark, now I’ll know that I’m ripping off the right cods.”

imagesCAX2TBL1



“His voice was low. “I warn you, inspector. The next time I have you alone, I’ll have you. Your mouth, at the least-and more, if you offer it.




imagesCAMEZD5U




“That’s not all that I want. It won’t be enough.” She closed her eyes. “Why do you even want it?” He didn’t know. He couldn’t account for it. Frustration boiled up, drove him to her. He captured her face between his hands. “I want to possess you. And if I want something, I find a way to have it.”
”I see.”
His jaw clenched. She didn’t see. Neither did he. “This is the first time it’s a woman.”

296


“He cupped her face in his hands, made her meet his gaze. Solemnly, he said, “I heard you say that when two people love each other, they fight
through everything together. Every doubt, every challenge, every pain. Fight with me, Mina. Please. You are the only one for me, for as long as I live. And if
you love me, fight with me.”


I’ve picked model Boris Beynet (I know, how can a man so gorgeous be called Boris???) to be my Iron Duke today. I have to say, I really like the new UK cover, naked man chest is always a winner in my book.

9 comments:

  1. Holy Boris! He is HAWT!!!!! Nice pick! http://www.autumnreview.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-411-lucas-brooks.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to read this! Rhys sounds, and looks, so hot!! Fabulous choice like always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better keep a close on Rhys as if you're not careful I will be looking to nab him for myself! Just finished the Iron Duke myself ans absolutely love it...Hmmm....Rhys...or is that Boris? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhys!!! OMG, I love him!! I thought I had cast the perfect Rhys, but you have proved me wrong, and I'm so glad you did because I'm loving those pictures of Boris. I could certainly see him as my favorite pirate captain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you remind me of why I love Rhys so much again! Awesome quotes and now you have me swooning all over myself after The Iron Duke again. He's so primal...and I LOVE your cover model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the cover and the title of this book, but sadly I don´t find it here. Anyway, I love Boris as your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love men named Rhys for some reason! Great pics.
    “I warn you, inspector. The next time I have you alone, I’ll have you. Your mouth, at the least-and more, if you offer it.
    “I want to possess you. And if I want something, I find a way to have it.” *fans self* Clearly she doesn't have a chance at resisting!
    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - I absolutely LOVE your choice! Those quotes and pictures already have me swooning. I haven't read this series yet, but I am definitely adding it to my shelf now. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-5-blue-valentine-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww this is oh my gosh woooow!! I love it!! I need this book!! :) :) Aaaaw <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.