Wednesday, 25 April 2012

My book boyfriend #45 Gideon from Bared to You


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader


My book boyfriend this week is Gideon from Bared to You by Sylvia Day. If you loved the Fifty Shades trilogy and like a billionaire CEO with "issues" then Bared To You might just be what you're looking for. I loved it. It's not a rip off of Fifty Shades by any manner of means despite its similarities, I think it's grittier and the heroine Eva is just as much a complex charcter as Gideon. You can check out my review here. Bared to You is not for the faint hearted and I've tried to pick out some quotes that won't make you blush too much.






"I was too preoccupied with staring, riveted by the man in front of me. Inky black hair framed a breathtaking face. His bone structure would make a sculptor weep with joy, while a firmly etched mouth, a blade of a nose, and intensely blue eyes made him savagely gorgeous. Those eyes narrowed slightly, his features otherwise schooled into impassivity.

His dress shirt and suit wer both black, but his tie perfectly matched those brilliant irises. His eyes were shrewd and assessing, and they bored into me. My heartbeat quickened; my lips parted to accomodate faster breaths. He smelled sinfully good. Not cologne. Body wash, maybe. Or shampoo. Whatever it was, it was mouthwatering, as was he.



"Are you sleeping with anyone?"
I inhaled sharply. "Why is that any business of yours?"
He looked at me and I saw what I'd seen the first time we met- tremendous power and steely control. Both of which had me taking an involuntary step back. Again. At least I didn't fall this time; I was making progress.
"Because I want to f**k you, Eva, I need to know what's standing in my way, if anything."
"Maybe I'm just not interested, Mr Cross."
A ghost of a smile touched  his lips and made him impossibly more handsome. Dear God...



How did we get here? I asked myself. This extravagantly sexy man and me?
"You're staring," he murmured, his gaze on his laptop screen.
I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Is that a sexual suggestion, Miss Tramell?"
"How do you see me while staring at whatever you're working on?"
He looked up then caught my gaze. His blue eyes blazed with power and heat. "I've always seen you, angel. you found me, From the moment you found me, I've seen nothing but you."

Thanks to Jerome Adamoli for being my Gideon today , I love that first picture of him he looks really pleased with himself!

6 comments:

  1. Oh God that cover always let me watching stars.
    Great quotes! And Gideon really sounds hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gideon sounds amazing! Might be a little too alpha for me, but I love the quotes and pictures. Thanks for visiting!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaah! These quotes! Haven't read this series or Fifty Shades of Grey, but now I might have to!

    Here's my MBB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, doesn't this sound delicious! Nicely picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yummy - I absolutely LOVE your pick! I haven't read this series yet, but after those quotes and pictures, I'll definitely be checking it out now. Thank you for sharing!

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-7-graves-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Jerome Adamoli! Where have you been all my life? *drools*

    Okay, crazy but there is another Gideon running around on MBB this week and both picks look like they could be perfect fits to play him. LOL

    And if a guy like him told me he want to umm... **** me, I would not be taking a step back. *giggles*

    Lesley, you are so good at MBB post, and I love you for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.