Thursday, 12 April 2012

Review: Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston

27th

Bear Meets Girl
Pride #7
Shelly Laurenston
Publication date: 27th March 2012
My rating: 2.5 out of 5

I’m a huge fan of Shelly Laurenston/ G.A Aiken her books are always hilarious, full of hot scenes and yummy alpha shifters but Bear Meets Girl wasn’t one of my favourites. Don’t get me wrong Bear Meets Girl was funny, it did have a few hot scenes in it and it also had the pre-requisite number of hot alpha shifters so it should have ticked all the boxes for me. However, I felt that the first half of the book had so much going on, and too many characters (all from the previous books) that I felt like my head was spinning and I couldn’t keep up with it.

I usually love when a paranormal romance series has built up and I get the chance to check in with previous characters after their HEA but I found myself stopping and trying to remember who was who, who was mated to who and what shifter clan they came from or married into. Despite the addition of the family tree at the start of the book (which I have to admit came in handy) the first half of the book just seemed too fast and chaotic at times.

I wanted more of Crush and Cella together, I enjoyed their scenes but it just felt like there wasn’t enough of them and their story seemed to end quite abruptly. As a fan of the series it just wasn’t one of my favourites.

shifter  romance
Check out this review from Happily Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.