Saturday, 14 April 2012

Review: Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig

11182074
Pretty Crooked
Pretty Crooked #1
Elisa Ludwig
Publication date: 13th March 2012
My rating: 2 out of 5

Pretty Crooked was just not for me. I enjoyed probably about the first half of the book as Willa settled into her new life and school and gets in with the popular crowd the Glitterati. I even enjoyed Willa learning how to be a pick pocket from Tre. However, the "Robin hood" part of the story that drew me to the book in the first place just never really worked for me. Stealing from rich but mean girls to give the poor but nice girls one new outfit just seemed a bit daft. Are the poor but nice girls going to wear that same new outfit every day until they go to college? It's hardly a redistribution of wealth is it?

More infuriating was the ending of Pretty Crooked. I genuinely thought I had missed the last chapter, it didn't feel like a normal cliff hanger to me, it just... ended. Completely abruptly. I wish I'd realised at the outset this was the first part of a series, perhaps the abrupt ending would have been more understandable. I have to say though I was pretty intrigued about Willa's mother's secrets I'm just not sure if it's enough to convince me to pick up the next instalment.

Thanks to Net galley for the opportunity to read and review Pretty Crooked.

ya  review

1 comment:

  1. I have this aswell. Will be reading it for Netgalley Month. Thanks for the honest review now I kinda know what to expect :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.