Saturday, 28 April 2012

Review: Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

12637477Spellcaster
Spellbound #2
Cara Lynn Shultz
Publication date: 27th March 2012
My rating: 4 out of 5

I loved Spellbound the first book in this series it was actually one of the first Net galley books I actually read and reviewed so I was pretty excited to see what was install for Emma and Brandon in Spellcaster.

First up, I love Cara Lynn Shultz's style of writing, I swoon and laugh out loud as well as marvelling at how completely spot on she is with that sarcastic teen thing. The snarky zingy one liners are so good I almost want to write them down for future reference but I'm kind of too busy laughing.

Full of fabulously twisty plot lines and suspense the anticipation and build up was fantastic and although the villain was pretty obvious I honestly didn't care one iota. I always love a bit of girl power so really enjoyed seeing Emma growing as a witch, she just seemed stronger, braver, more determined and protective of those she loves. As Brendan's past hook ups just seemed constantly in her face I really sympathised with her and then loved her even more when she was able to deal with in a truly more adult way than I know I would, to Emma its hard to reconcile her Brendan with that old Brendan who went through girls like nobody's business. I loved that when Brendan tried to explain to Emma that he was lonely before her she calmly tells him that he didn't exactly seem to be lacking in company!

I fully prepared myself to maybe just dislike Brendan a little bit as a result, however, when he explained that he never pursued or dated any girl before her and that Emma may not have been his first, but certainly is his first love, I have to admit I swooned a little bit.

As YA sequels go, you can't get much better than this.

Thanks to Net galley and Harlequin Teen for the opportunity to read and review Spellcaster.

ya review

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this book sounds really sweet - I love that little exchange you talk about...I swooned a little as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.