Thursday, 24 May 2012

After Fifty review: Knight by Kristen Ashley

13565914 Knight
Knight
The Unfinished Hero #1
Kristen Ashley
Publication date: 8th April 2012

Kristen Ashley warned fans that Knight was going to be a little bit different from her normal books as the hero Knight is actually an anti-hero type of character. I was intrigued but fully prepared to not like Knight, but he turned out to be no more controlling and alpha male-ish than Ashley’s normal heroes.

Yes, Knight is domineering in and out of the bedroom, yes there are some pretty hot scenes between Knight and Anya but that’s what I expect now from a Kristen Ashley book. Maybe it’s because I’ve been reading loads of erotica recently and I’m more used to it now, I don’t know, but I didn’t find Knight to be shocking or a huge departure from Ashley’s other books. For me the only real difference was his dirty talk and insistence that Anya calls him “Daddy” in the bedroom, some might find that titilating but I have to say it irritated me no end and was a bit on the creepy side too. That said, I really enjoyed their story and swooned massively at the ending which was absolutely to die for.

after fifty
After Fifty rating: 4 out of 5

Smouldering, controlling hero with issues Thumbs up
Millionaire Thumbs up
Protective streak Thumbs up

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like the sound of this. Love whole "After Fifty" reviews you are doing I still need to finish reading 50.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.