Wednesday, 30 May 2012

My book boyfriend Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader

I have a number of expectations from a Kristen Ashley book:
1. There will be a swoon worthy alpha male.
2. He will say "babe" a lot.
3. There will be some scorching hot sex scenes.
4. There will be OTT plot developments e.g kidnappings and drive by shootings.
5. I will have a WTF ?? moment and continue reading regardless.

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley has all of the above, the swoon worthy male is Cabe "Hawke" Delgado, he does say "babe" a lot, there are some red hot scenes, a couple of kidnappings and a drive by shooting. Oh, and a serious WTF moment when I realised after a one night stand Cabe had been returning to Gwen's bed for 18 months and she hasn't asked him his name! Hence he's the "Mystery Man". So yes, as a reader I had to suspend disbelief and just with the flow of the story, but it's a good hot escapist read. You can check out my review here. So here's some of the quotes I may (or may not) have read 15 times:




"He was so goddamned handsome, all that brown skin, those black eyes, that strong jaw, that thick, short, black hair, his beautifully chiseled features and equally beautifully chiseled physique. All of it hinting at Hispanic or maybe Italian and all of it freaking, unbelievably amazing








"You wanna play this with that attitude, Sweet Pea, I'm tellin' you that is not the right play because that attitude of yours is not a turn off."
"Stop calling me Sweet Pea," I snapped because I was again freaking out and I was trying to hide it.
His smile got bigger. "There it is," he whispered, "and I like it."
"Step away," I demanded, pushing at his waist where my hands were but he didn't move.
"There it is again."
I clamped my mouth shut and glared at him.
He emitted another short, amused, deep, manly chuckle.
Then his lips hit mine and he murmured, "Hot." 








"You sure you don't need space anymore?"
"That kind of space means, you're there, you need to go somewhere, anywhere you go is far away from me so, yeah, I don't need that space anymore."
Oh my God.
I knew what he was saying. I knew what he meant and I lifted my hand to his jaw.
"You're in deep with me, aren't you, baby?" I whispered my question just to confirm.
"Drowning" he whispered back.
Oh my God. He felt the same as me!
"I love you, Cabe."
"Love you too, Sweet Pea."

*Sighs* if only that duvet could move, you know, up a little bit??? Thanks to the ever so muscularly Josh Kloss for being my Mystery Man this week.

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I have to read this book now, Lesley! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to move the duvet, I want to crawl under it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe I've read a Kristin Ashley book yet....*face palm* WHY? If all the male characters are like that, I am clearly missing out!

    Here’s my Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF! This dude is hot!!!! I know why you like him so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he's definitely yummy. I want to read this book just because of him now!

    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.pt/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always pick the sexiest alpha males, Lesley! I still haven't read anything by Kristen Ashley, but I'm intrigued. Love the duvet picture!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-39-spade.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please move the cover down just a bit more. WOWZA

    ReplyDelete
  8. *drool* Uh... what? I forgot what I was going to say...

    *stares at pic more*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my sweet goodness - he's the BEST! If there is ever a reason to go out and read this book immediately, it's him, and that is just what I NEED to do right away. Those pictures and quotes are absolutely perfect and I am so hooked. Thank you SO much for sharing all of him! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-12-galen-forza.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.