Sunday, 6 May 2012

New books

I didn’t post my usual In My Mailbox last week last Sunday after all the plagiarising drama over at The Story Siren, like many book bloggers I won’t be participating in that particular blogs meme again on a point of principle however, I realised that part of my lazy Sunday morning routine involves me oohhhing and aaahhhing at the books everyone else got and I kind of missed it. Personally I didn’t want to rush into joining any new rival memes either (and all that nonsense that renaming IMM is plagiarising too is such a load of crap)
So I’m just showing you my new books from the last two weeks. That is all.

For review

Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
I pretty much spent last weekend rereading Divergent and then reading Insurgent. It’s EPIC, my review will be up on Monday as part of the #InsurgentUK #Team Dauntless faction.

I also bought last week

Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed by EL James
I've already read (and loved) the series but wanted to have copies for my bookshelf.
You can check out my why I love Fifty post here.

This week I bought

 Angelfall by Susan Ee
Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready
I loved Angelfall but again wanted a copy for my bookshelf
(check out my review here)
I really enjoyed Shade and Shift (check out my review here)
so I've had Shine pre-ordered for ages.


This Is So Not Happening by Kieran Scott 
The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting by Jessica Clare
This Is so, is the final book in the He's So/ She's So trilogy which I loved.
(Check out my review here)
I saw The Girl's Guide mentioned on Smexy books and thought it was right up my street, so far it's both smexy and fun.


The Seduction of Phaeton Black by Jillian Stone
On the Prowl by Christine Warren
Both were complete impulse buys but they sound fantastic.


Into The Dreaming by Karen Marie Moning
I'm a sucker for a shiny new repackaged hard back that boasts "exclusive bonus material" from KMM, heres a sneak peak of the sneak peak from Mac's graphic novel Fever Moon.



I won
 
Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett
From the lovely Melliane @ Between Dreams and Reality

From Net Galley

Timepiece by Myra McEntire
One Moment by Kristina McBride
Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis
Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

Phew, that's me I think. It's a long weekend in the UK so I plan to get loads of reading done so far all I've done is ignore my review books and instead fall in love with another of Kristen Ashley's hot alpha males. I can't wait to write that review! Have a great weekend everybody!

17 comments:

  1. I've been hearing lots about Angelfall recently. I really want to read it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous, Lesley!!! I'm telling you! You've got Jillian Stone and Jenn Bennett *sigh* I would love to read them! Enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of amazing books! thanks for the kind words, I hope you'll enjoy all your new books. You're so lucky about the KMM, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - fabulous couple of weeks for books - I'm not even sure where to start!! I really, really want to start the Jenn Bennett series and Shine, feel like I've been waiting so long for this book to come out! Have happy bank holiday reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to grab Timepiece, too, this week. I resisted for as long as I could! Oh, I've always wanted to read Angelfall, excited to see that it's in print now! Great books!

    Here's my haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to receive my hardcover of Insurgent tomorrow! :D I'm glad you enjoyed 50SOG. I wasn't a huge fan of the original fanfiction but anyway.. Your other books look great too! Will have to get some of those when I have the chance. Happy reading!

    All Hail The Mail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic books! I'm so angry at my postman for not having delivered my copy of INSURGENT last week, so I'm desperately awaiting its arrival now. :( Also definitely have to continue reading the SHADE series and start my eBook of ANGELFALL as well as my eGalley of TIMEPIECE. Happy reading!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some awesome books!
    Insurgent (of course) and The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting sounds like fun!
    My copy of Insurgent isn't even shipped yet *sighs* Will have to be patient with that one... :P
    Enjoy your new books!

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant
    Here is my Sunday post: http://tinyurl.com/6ugdpzq

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a wonderful loot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Houseglass series looks good. Shall have to grab a copy. Happy reading! :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous everyone got Insurgent, really need to get myself a copy soon! Happy reading! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Angelfall! I just might have to get a hard copy as well! I just finished reading One Moment and loved it! Happy reading! :)

    You can see what books I got this week Here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh YES I totally agree!! How could people think that TSS invented presenting our book haul? I mean, seriously, that's just a name she put on it and nothing unique!

    That said - you sure got some great books! I haven't even read Divergent yet and am already wanting the sequel (I'm strange like that, ha).

    http://the-book-garden.blogspot.com/2012/05/postman-files-thats-new-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to have my fav in ppbk too. :) You got some good ones from Netgalley too! Do you do Edelweiss? My friend just told me about it. It's like Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got a lot of awesome stuff this week! I hope you enjoy it all and here's my IMM!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-33-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. great books this week! I really want to read the Keiren Scott books at somepoint

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.