Monday, 14 May 2012

Review: The Girl’s Guide to (Man) Hunting by Jessica Clare

12415946
The Girl’s Guide to (Man) Hunting
Bluebonnet #1
Jessica Clare
Publication date: 1st May 2012


I’m a bit torn about The Girl’s Guide to (Man) Hunting, I liked rather than loved the main characters Miranda and Dane, and although it had oodles of hot outdoor smexy scenes there wasn’t really that much else to it.

Miranda and Dane went to school together in Bluebonnet and found themselves getting very hot and heavy in a cupboard at a high school party. As Dane leaves Bluebonnet to be a hotshot hockey player Miranda is hurt at being left behind and finds out that photographs of their make out session are on the internet for everyone in her small town to see. This results in years of being known as the “Boobs of Bluebonnet”.

Nine years later Dane is back in Bluebonnet having set up in business with his two best friends a kind of let’s all stay in the woods for a week and get in touch with nature, survival school. Miranda plans to finally give Dane a taste of his own medicine by taking some smexy pictures of him whilst taking part his first living in the wilderness week.

I was a bit disappointed by The Girl’s Guide to (Man) Hunting, I definitely thought that Miranda was out to get her revenge on Dane after years of being tortured by the townsfolk as a bit of a slapper even though it was fairly obvious she was a really nice librarian who used her own money to buy the town’s teenagers books. But Miranda turned out to be too nice and Dane turned out to be too hot for her to resist! Instead, they just had tonnes of sex in various parts of the forest. The evil side of me wanted to see Miranda torture Dane (in a smexy way of course) but as her camera was confiscated before she set off in the wilderness her plan pretty much fell apart straight away.

I enjoyed all the outdoors smexy scenes (it made camping seem much more appealing than I previously thought) and I loved Dane’s big gesture at the end but I would have liked to have seen more of a story.

4 comments:

  1. I debated on requesting this one. May wait a bit now that I've read your review. I love good smexy scenes, but I need a story too. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Autumn, I had been really looking forward to reading it but it just didn't match up to my expectations. Shame really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya :)
    I have been wondering about this one since I like Jill Myles, and i wonder how she writes under this name
    Still..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to see if this will come down in price. I like the sound of it but at over £8 for a paperback.........I'll wait.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.