Friday, 11 May 2012

Review: Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

11512712Lethal Rider
Lords Of Deliverance #3
Larissa Ione
Publication date: 22nd May 2012
My rating: 4.5 out of 5

Lethal Rider is hands down my favourite so far of the Lords of Deliverance series. I went completely full circle in my opinion of the heroine Regan from hating her in the previous instalment Immortal Rider, to desperately hoping that against all the odds Regan would get her happy ever after with Thantos one of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

By seducing Thantos at the end of Immortal Rider, Regan has broken the seal Thantos has been protecting for thousands of years in his self imposed celibacy. Instead of saving the world as thought by the Aegi prophecy Regan has instead brought the world even closer to the end of days. After unleashing widespread death and destruction Thantos is paralysed with hellhound saliva by his brother and sister to contain him. Fast forward eight months and as Thantos awakens determined to kill Regan for breaking his seal he finds out that Regan is actually carrying his baby.

I didn't believe for a second when starting Lethal Rider that I would end up warming to Regan. As her story unfolds I started to understand why she agreed to blindly follow the Aegi orders and put herself  at huge risk. Passed from foster family to foster family she never really belonged anywhere until joining the Aegi ranks, and made herself indispensable to them so that they will keep her because she really has nothing else in her life. It's not until the life of her unborn baby is threatened by the Aegi that she realises that they have been using her all along.

For me, it was Thantos that really made Lethal Rider the best book in the series. As Death he has that full on scary vibe but underneath it all what he wants more than anything else is a family. I always have a soft spot for a tough guy who loves kids and babies, it seriously makes me melt so Thantos completely won me over.. His transition from the oldest virgin in the world to expectant father is full on fast and I loved how quickly his protective side kicked in when he realised that the little pony (Regan's cute little nickname for the baby) not only provides the Horsemen with the opportunity to finally defeat Pestilence, but is also Thantos's agimortous which means Pestilence will go all out to kill his son the minute he is born.

I loved that Thantos's murderous rages (well he is Death after all) seem to diminish around Regan and her unborn baby, instead he wants/needs more sexy times with the heavily pregnant Regan. As they start to fall in love Regan finally starts to consider the possibility of staying with Thantos and bringing up their baby together which is exactly what Thantos has wanted all along. Thantos received bonus swoonage points from me when he makes a cradle for the baby in the middle of an impending apocalypse i thought that was a huge awwwwwww moment!

After the tiny little teaser at the end of Lethal Rider I'm on the countdown for Reseph/ Pestilence's book. I can't wait.
 
Thanks to Net Galley and Grand Central Publishing for the opportunity to read and review Lethal Rider.
adult review

2 comments:

  1. oooo...this one sounds really good. Thank you for reviewing it and bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I picked up ETERNAL RIDER. It was the first of Larissa Ione's books that I read and I feel so in love with her writings that I had to read the Demonica series and the other books in this series when they have released. I am a huge fan now, and Ms. Ione's books are on my must have list!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.