Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Review:The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland

13013029The Summer My Life Began
Shannon Greenland
Publication date: 10th May 2012
My rating: 2 out of 5

The Summer My Life Began is the story of Elizabeth Margaret or Em who comes from a very posh, rich and straight laced family who have her life already mapped out for her. She's to intern at her father's firm, go to Harvard and study law, and then settle down with a nice boy (probably a lawyer) from a good family. When her aunt that she has never even heard of invites her to spend a month with her at her B&B in the Outer Banks Em views it as an opportunity to both chill out before Harvard and find out a little bit more about her mysterious aunt.

 The Summer My Life Began is definitely more for the younger reader. It's a light easy summery type read, with a little romance and a big family mystery. Personally, I wanted a bit more angst from Em, her form of teenage rebellion is not very, well, rebellious! It was all very polite and nice and there's not a teenage tantrum in sight. The big family mystery although predictable did I have to say, tug at my heart strings a tiny little bit right at the end. Overall, it was all a bit too nice for me.

Thanks to Net Galley and Penguin Publishing for the opportunity to read The Summer My Life Began.
ya review

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.