Saturday, 23 June 2012

3 weeks worth of new books

Hiya
I haven't really been blogging much this month, my grandmother died at the start of June so I took a little blogging break to give me time to organise things and spend some time with my mum. On top of this my work has been manic busy so I couldn't even be bothered switching on my laptop last week.

I've decided blogging breaks are good. It recharges the old batteries and gave me loads more time to read, unfortunately it now means I have 10 reviews to catch up on but never mind. So, this week's new books post is actually about 3 weeks worth of new books but I'll try to keep it short and snappy!!

I bought


I love the covers for both For Darkness Shows the Stars and A Midsummer's Nightmare. I've read A Midsummer's Nightmare, it wasn't quite as good as The Duff but was better than Shut Out.


I'm reading Heart of Darkness the first book in Lauren Dane's Bound by Magick series right now and really enjoying it so I went ahead and bought the second book Chaos Burning.
Messenger's Angel is the second book in the Lost Angel series, I quite liked Avenger's Angel the first book in the series and remember thinking the series had potential.


I bought Second Chance Summer as I LOVED Amy and Rodger's Epic Detour so my big plan is to read Second Chance Summer on the first day of the school summer holidays.
I've already read Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane it was EPIC but I needed a copy on my shelf as this is one of my all time favourite series.


I think I maybe got Talk Me Down in a swap, I can't for the life of me remember but the blurb sounds really good.

Kindle books

I bought Raphael and Bane for much cheapness for my kindle.

For review

Forbidden by Fate sounds like a really good "After Fifty" book.

From Net galley

I've read The Theory of Attraction already so I'll be reviewing that as another "After Fifty" book. Blade Song sounds amazing, J.C Daniels is actually Shiloh Walker so I'm pretty sure it will be good. I've read a couple of chapters of Fifty Shames and thought it was hilarious so I want to read it pretty soonish.

6 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I'm so sorry about your grandma, but so glad you've taken this much needed break. *big hug* Please, read Raphael soon, and hopefully you'll love this series as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your gran. Big hug! Sometimes taking a break is good as it does refresh you.
    Sounds like you've been collecting some good book though - Darkness shows the stars looks great and I've been really curious about Blade Song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read these ones, but I have the second by Stacia Kane to read. I hope you'll enjoy them all, they sound amazing! Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. :(

    I absolutely loved For Darkness Shows the Stars! I haven't read A Midsummer's Nightmare or Second Chance Summer yet but I am looking forward to it. Happy reading! :)

    You can check out what books I got this week here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got For Darkness Shows the Stars, so I can't wait to read that one! I really want to read A Midsummer's Nightmare and Second Chance Summer, so I can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    I'm glad things are getting better for you! I hope you enjoy all your new books. (:
    Stacking the Shelves #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( aw so sorry about your gran :(
    So many fab books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.