Wednesday, 11 July 2012

My book boyfriend: City from About Last Night


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader

About Last Night by Ruthie Knox is seriously fantastic it was hot, swoon worthy and had me crying like a baby so I had to feature it as one of my "After Fifty" reviews you can check out the huge amount of squeeeeing here.

I fell in love with City, he's tall and blond, wears an expensive suit to his job in the bank and is very posh which makes him completely not Cath's type. But underneath his posh exterior he's an artist so when Cath sees him in faded jeans and a paint smeared t-shirt that clings across his broad shoulders she temporarily forgets to breathe (as did I). But Cath doesn't want a relationship and very much keeps City at arms length despite him being an already good (and hot) guy.

I couldn't get Cath and City out of my brain. Seriously hot with some major swoonage moments from the gorgeous City About Last Night is the perfect contemporary romance.




  "I am" she whispered. "I'm a very good person. Not the kind of girl who gets drunk and has to be rescued from train stations."
  "I know." He moved his hands up a few inches to the crease where her thighs met her hips.
  "Or who makes out with strange men on tables. I'm a thoroughly respectable woman."
  "You don't kiss like one." He smiled that shark smile again...
  "I've reformed. The kissing is sort of a holdover."
  "Don't reform. I like you bad."
  "I don't want to be bad." But her arms had reached up and twined around his neck, and she had to murmur the last part against his lips.
  "I do," he said, and took over.  





"No trace of a hangover, then, Mary Catherine?" His voice. She had no defences against his voice. Low and hungry, that haughty accent such a delicious contrast to his naughty mouth.

  "Much better, thanks." He licked her collarbone, kissed behind her ear, nibbled her lower lip. She had to lean against the counter top, having gone knock-kneed. "Call me Cath"

  "No, I don't think I shall." He grasped her by the waist and lifted her, and she locked her ankles behind his back. "I'm taking you to bed now, Mary Catherine."

  "Yeah" she whispered. "I'd like that."






  She and City were over and done with, but he seemed to have missed the memo. Or he'd read it, then shredded it...
  "You're just trying to get me back into bed with you."
Nev's mouth curled at the corners, and he lowered his voice, leaning closer. "Of course I'm trying to get you back into bed with me. I loved having you in my bed. I'd like to chain you to my bed." He trailed a finger down her bare arm, leaving a trail of sighing nerve endings. "But I'd also like to have lunch with you."


You have to read About Last Night it is seriously amazing, I loved when Cath finally asked City what his name was, her reaction was absolutely priceless and made me laugh out loud (I very nearly picked that quote but didn't want to spoil it). I picked Andrew Cooper to be my City this week I needed a good looking blond in a suit who also looked good a bit scruffy. I'm a big fan of scruffy.

8 comments:

  1. Niice. Sounds like a great read. I wouldn't mind being chained by him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Sighing nerve endings! That's a new one. I like it. I have this book! I need to read it. If those few scenes are any indication, then I'm in for a HOT HOT HOT read. Can't wait. And how is it that I didn't know who Andrew Cooper was?! The man is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first quote definitely had me swooning for City, I like his name too! The pictures are so yummy, who wouldn't fall for a guy like that, I need to pick this book up for sure!

    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about coincidence, I just finished this yesterday and agree with you 100%. Loved it, and I too laughed out loud when City told Cath his real name. Now you have to read Ride with me by the same author, which is just as good, and just as hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Ride With Me the other day, I loved it too:)

      Delete
  5. I love when heroes have hidden depths and City sounds perfect. Those pictures are to die for! Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-book-boyfriend-44-winter-makepeace.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is definitely going on my TBR list! City sounds so swoon-worthy! And his name is pretty cool, too! Andrew Cooper makes a great City!

    Here's my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Sounds great! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.