Saturday, 7 July 2012

New books and other stuff


Hiya I hope you've had a good week.

I got a cool package in the post this week that me made jump up and down a tad.


Harper Collins sent all the bloggers who were in #Team Dauntless UK a hardback copy of Insurgent, Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr and What's Left of Me by Zat Zhang and some goodies.



And look it's signed! squeeeee!!!
It's now in pride of place in my bookcase.

I also bought


Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
A Hunger So Wild by Sylvia Day
Blood Before Sunrise by Amanda Bonilla


I also bought About Last Night by Ruthie Knox which I seriously LOVED (gushing review here) and then got her first book Ride With Me from Net galley.

All in all it's been an a-maz-ing book week.

In other news..

I visited the gorgeous Pollok House in Glasgow (it dates from about 1750)


My daughter was fairly unimpressed and insisted (as usual)
 I take a picture of her "holding up" the Georgian house (hilarious I know)
 

She also wanted to take home this Georgian scrap book to "make it a bit more interesting" possibly through the addition of Moshi Monster stickers.



I should have just stuck to going to see Ice Age 4, culture and children rarely mix well.

7 comments:

  1. She is really sweet, your girl, Lesley! :) and what a lovely book haul! I hope you enjoy them all, and I'm especially looking forward tothe review of What's Left of Me. This one is on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scrapbook looks awesome. And what an awesome package from HarperCollins! I love the mask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mask is pretty ! Lots of great books !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That packages from HarperCollins looks AMAZING! I so want to get my hands on What's Left of Me.

    Hopefully your daughter will be thankful for these trips when she's older! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow- that goodie bag is amazing, I love the mask (and the signed book obviously!)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books so jealous of the signed book! Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an awesome package to get in the mail Lesley! I cannot wait to read all of those, especially Carnival of Souls and Insurgent! Can't wait to see what you think:) And what an amazing castle, I would love to visit Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.