Friday, 13 July 2012

Review: Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane

12084655
Chasing Magic
Downside Ghosts #5
Stacia Kane
Publication date: 26th June 2012

For me it's a reflection of how much I love this series and how much I'm invested in and care about the main characters that I want to give Chess and Terrible advice like they're real people. Daft I know.

I love Chess, she's flawed, complex, gutsy, vulnerable, lacking in self worth and a bit of a screw up. But I also really dislike her at times. I want to tell her that Terrible loves her and that she needs to get Lex out of her life for once and for all and quit over thinking and sabotaging her relationship with Terrible. I then remember that 1. It's the fact that she is such a messed up character which makes me love her to bits.  2. She's a character in a book not a real person.

I also want to tell Terrible to hang in there with Chess, I absolutely love them together and Chasing Magic had some of the most amazing Terrible lines ever:

"Shit. You so fuckin pretty, Chessie. True thing. So...ain't even can breathe sometimes."

"He rubbed his neck, pressed his palm into his furrowed brow and took a swipe at his eyes. Cleared his throat, twice. "Don't want to. An even if I did, ain't can leave you down there on your alones. How I can do that one, aye? Leave my Chessiebomb there without me. 'Specially knowin you scared on it."

It breaks my heart that Chess knows that Terrible loves her and has made a huge commitment to her but that she doesn't think she's capable of returning that to him because she thinks she's empty inside and a completely worthless person. The rooftop scene between Chess and Terrible really had me crying like a baby it was intense, romantic and terrifying. In the end I felt more hopeful for Chess, like she's finally chosen what side she's on and I think that was the progression I needed to see from her. Downside Ghosts remains one of my all time favourite series.






lesleysignature18

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series! I love the quotes. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing series Autumn and has been one of my favourites since I picked up the first book.

      Delete
  2. I love that Terrible quote. He is such a fantastic character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of love for Terrible. He's an unlikely hero but I love him to bits.

      Delete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.