Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Review: Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

13223523
Moonglow
Darkest London #2
Kristen Callihan
Publication date: 31st July 2012

Firelight is up there as one of my favourite books of 2012 and its sequel Moonglow wont be too far behind. Kristen Callihan really does write the most amazingly good blend of paranormal and historical romance, full of sexual tension, suspense and all out passion.

I would recommend that you read Firelight first, it makes sliding into Moonglow's Victorian era with a paranormal twist so much easier. Moonglow is Daisy (Miranda's sister) and Ian Ranulf the Earl of Marquis's story. I liked Daisy she's independent, feisty and passionate and her banter with Ian turned the sexual tension up a few extra notches. Ian was protective and a little bit swoon worthy (despite not liking him one bit in Firelight). The exiled alpha were has sworn never again to have a relationship with a mortal but when Daisy finds herself in danger from a diseased werewolf Ian steps in to protect her and they work together to search for and capture the sick but deadly werewolf.

I like the clever mixture of suspense and mystery, sexual tension and romance in Moonglow. It never feels like too many elements in the mix even with the historical background and the expanding and intriguing paranormal element added in. The twisty plot certainly kept me on my toes but it was the main characters and their romance that kept me reading. Overall, Moonglow is a really good follow up, maybe not quite as immediately outstanding as Firelight, but definitely one to add to my keeper shelf. One little thing and it is just a little thing, I wasn't too keen on Daisy's ending. Ultimately though it's a series everyone who likes a good paranormal romance should read.

Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing for the opportunity to read and review Moonglow.



lesleysignature18

7 comments:

  1. You are right, I wasn't too keen on that ending too, and I do feel that Firelight was a lot more magical. Still, it was a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew I thought it was just me, I don't know if my expectations were just a little bit too high because of how amazing Firelight was?

      Delete
  2. I really agree with you about this book. It was a nice read but it's true I prefered Firelight as well. great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still really looking forward to the next installment though. I think Kristen is now on my auto buy list.

      Delete
  3. i guess i can wait before reading it then ^^ i don't want to be disappointed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No miki go for it, it's still really good and more than worth a read.

      Delete
  4. Just finished Firelight and I can't wait to read book 2

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.