Wednesday, 29 August 2012

My book boyfriend: Elec from Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy


Hi everyone welcome to another week of My book boyfriend co-hosted by your truly whilst the amazing Missie @ The Unread Reader is studying hard!



I posted last week about my love of sports romances, one of the sports romances I've had on my shelf and hadn't got round to was Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy the first book in her Fast Track series. One of the lovely ladies who commented on the post mentioned she loved the series so I thought I would give it a go. I loved it! Elec Monroe is a young NASCAR driver, he's sweet, seductive and a complete keeper. 

Tamara Briggs is a single mother of two after losing her NASCAR driver husband in an accident. The last thing she wants is to hook up with another driver, especially as he's much younger and just starting out in his career. Tamara thinks her night with Elec will just be a one off but Elec is determined to stick around and wants to meet her children.

Flat-Out Sexy was sweet, hot, romantic and then more sweet. Who wouldn't want the adorable Elec as their book boyfriend?


Here's some quotes:

Tamara meets Elec after bumping into him and spilling her wine all down his shirt. As she tries to help him mop it up she realises not only is he young and gorgeous, but she's now practically groping him:
"She looked up and immediately felt her cheeks start to burn. One, because she had never seen this man in her life, and therefore couldn't joke it off with a long standing acquaintance. And two, because he was damn cute, with caramel-coloured hair that was getting a little long on his forehead, shoulders that were broad and begging to be tested for firmness with a squeeze, and compelling, deep brown eyes that had widened in shock from the impact... His mouth turned up in a small smile. "If I'd been thinking, I would have spilled wine on myself an hour ago. Course, I had to be drinking wine." He lifted his Bud bottle and shrugged. "I'm no more a wine guy than a tie guy."

When Tamara is stuck in her house when her kids have chicken pox, Elec wants to help so visits with dinner and toys for her kids but Tamara doesn't know how she feels about it:
"I broke the rules, didn't I?" he said when she turned around, napkins clutched in her hand.
She nodded. "Yeah, you did."
"I'm sorry, that really wasn't my intention. I wasn't trying to push or manipulate you. When you told me about being stuck in the house. I just thought that it would help if I stopped by with dinner, that's all."...
"It's just that the minute you walked in the door, it changed. It's not just you and I hooking up for fun."
"Were we really going to be able to do that?" he asked. "I know we fell into this impulsively, but at least on my part, there is a deeper attraction than that. I agreed to keep it quiet and casual because that's what you wanted . It's never been what I wanted."

I loved Elec, especially when he said stuff like this:
"Tamara?"
"Yes?" She smiled up at him, her expression satisfied and sleepy and bemused.
It didn't matter if she didn't answer him in kind. He was okay with that. She had different baggage than him, and she had reasons to keep a tighter lid on her emotions, so he was prepared to get a smile or an "Oh Elec," and nothing more.
But that wasn't going to stop him from saying what he needed to. "Tamara, I want you to know that I'm in love with you. I love you."

Isn't he fab????? I loved that Elec didn't care that Tamara was a bit older and had children, at no point did he want to replace her husband he just fell in love with her as a person and her children and boosted her confidence no end! I think Ryan Gosling would be a great Elec. Yum.

My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.



7 comments:

  1. Aww Elec sounds adorable. I never would have thought of Nascar drivers to be hott, but he sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy sounds like such a romantic, especially when he says 'I love you'! Ryan Gosling would be amazing, did you see those abs in Crazy, Stupid Love? *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, love the quotes! Moves into my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm MELTING right now. Loved those quotes! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quotes are great. I need to check this book out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That cover...and those quotes! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this book on my TBR shelf! I'm thinking I need to get reading it and meeting the wonderful Elec. And I approve of using Ryan Gosling as a model for any MBB! Thanks for hosting once again!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.