Wednesday, 22 August 2012

My book boyfriend: Gabe from Wrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert


Welcome to another week of My book boyfriend co-hosted by yours truly whilst the amazing
Missie at The Unread Reader is studying hard.

Ladies, meet Gabe the bad boy nightclub mogul from Wrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert.

Elle Walser has the hots for her boss but her plan to seduce him goes a bit haywire when she climbs into his bed only to find her boss's brother Gabe there instead. Once she realises her mistake Elle is mortified and does a runner before Gabe can even get her name. Gabe however, is quite smitten with the very proper Elle who is not his usual type. Can he persuade Elle see past his tattoos and occupation and give him a chance?

I loved Wrong Bed, Right Guy Elle is initally so judgemental and prim and drove me mad, but she can't seem to help herself around Gabe who is just utterly divine. Gabe is caring and a little bit lonely but when he finally gets Elle into the bedroom he is so HAWT!




Here's a couple of Gabe quotes that had me drooling.

I loved when Elle was caught discussing Gabe with her pal Roxanne:
"There's something really, really attractive about him in a Neanderthal sort of way. Like you look at him and want to have him haul you back to his cave, and have his wicked way with you.
  Holy crap, she couldn't belive she'd just admitted that out loud. But it felt kind of good to say it so Elle kept going, toying with her straw as she went on. "I mean, sure he's rough around the edges, but his tattoos are amazing and that mouth is just sinful."
  "Yes...yes it is"
  She frowned at the weird look on her friend's face. "Rox?" Then she realised Roxanne wasn't looking at her.
  She was focusing on some point over Elle's shoulder.
  The room swayed as all the blood rushed from her head and foreboding slammed through her system. This couldn't be happening. "Please tell me he's not standing right behind me."...
  "So, you think my mouth is sinful?"
  Good God, he really had been close enough to hear everything.  

And then when he's trying to wine and dine her he says swoon worthy stuff like this *dies*
  "You're teasing me."
  "Yep" Gabe bounded around the front of the car and slid into the driver's seat. "Though I have to say- you're doing a damn good job of teasing me."
  She blinked. "I'm not doing anything."
  "Babe, you're dressed to the nines and grinning at me like I gave you the best present possible just by showing up. If I didn't have an awesome date planned, I'd toss you over my shoulder and take you to bed." 

and this *dies again*
  Then there was nothing to focus on but Gabe, who seemed all too happy to put all of his attention on her. Elle tried and failed to suppress a shiver. "What are you having?"
  "You."
  Beneath the heat in his dark eyes, her thoughts tumbled over themselves and then died a silent death. She couldn't move, couldn't speak, could barely breathe. The moment stretched on as her heart tried to beat its way out of her chest.
  Gabe reached across the table and took her hand, raising it to brush her knuckles along his cheek. The five o'clock shadow scrapped against her skin, leaving her almost unbearably sensitive. He kissed the same spot and then released her, "But not yet." 

I loved his over protectiveness too:
"I don't need you or my big brother to fight my battles for me. And I certainly don;t need you to go around bashing in the heads of people who hurt me. It's barbaric."
  "Maybe you need some barbarian in your life." 

I read that Katee Robert pictured Tom Hardy as Gabe, so I had this picture in my head as the perfect Gabe which is a gooooood picture. There's something about Tom Hardy (well apart from those pictures recently when he was wearing double denim. *shudders*)

My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.



7 comments:

  1. Well...I'm thinking I need to add this book to my TBR, so I get to know Gabe better! WOW those quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to try really hard to pick "suitable" quotes (just in case anyone got offended!) Gabe was HAWT!

      Delete
  2. "But not yet."

    OMG! That anticipation! It's killing me. And I love that pic of Tom. He looks barbaric in it, so he'd be the perfect Gabe. He can certainly throw me over his shoulder at any time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love a bit of the barbaric caveman!

      Delete
  3. Gabe sounds so hot!! I love the quotes you chose and can't wait to read this! Love that I will be able to envision Tom Hardy when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm thinking this books definitely needs to go on my TBR shelf!
    Thanks for sharing! Gabe sounds hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously LOVE this guy! Those quotes definitely have me needing to read this right now. Thank you so much for sharing – Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.