Wednesday, 1 August 2012

My book boyfriend- Reid from Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell


Hi everyone and welcome to My Book Boyfriend here at My Keeper Shelf.
As you know the A-MAZ-ING Missie at The Unread Reader is taking a little break from hosting My Book Boyfriend to concentrate on her last semester of school so asked me if I could take over hosting for a few months. Obviously I jumped at the chance as I absolutely LOVE (with a capital L) swooning over boys in books and checking out everyone else's posts.

After all the recent drama about posting pictures I won't be adding any drool worthy pictures instead I'll be focusing on the quotes that made me fall in love with the character in the first place as well as adding the book cover and some background information.


Meet Reid Andrews (commence swooning)

Reid is a successful Mixed Martial Arts fighter recovering from an injury, now 34 years old he's in a race against time to get fit in time for a rematch or his career will be over. His physical therapist is Lucie Miller his best friends little sister who he hasn't seen for years. Lucie hasn't dated since her divorce, feels completely plain and boring and the Doctor she is in love with doesn't even notice her
Reid manages to convince Lucie that he will teach her how to get her Doctor to notice her if she agrees to be his dedicated PT with him 24/7 at her apartment and keep him from over training.

With Reid's lessons in seduction Lucie starts to feel and look more confident and self assured and in turn realises that Reid is more than just a fighter. However as Reid and Lucie spend time together it's obvious they are seriously attracted to each other and their agreed "short term" relationship quickly becomes something more.

Choosing the quotes for this post made me want to read it all over again! Reid is swoon worthy and a half there's definitely much more to him than just his bad boy good looks. Seducing Cinderella is hot, romantic and funny. I dare you to read it and not fall a little bit in love with Reid.

Here's a quote from their first meeting:

"I can't believe it's you. Wait, why does my chart say Randy Johnson?"
  Reid chuckled at the ridiculous name he used for anonymity. "It's an alias." Waiting to erase the pained look from whatever had happened before he arrived, he gave her a wicked smile and added, "And sometimes a state of being."
  Her brows gathered together for the few seconds it took to sink in, then her cheeks flushed with color and her eyes grew wide. "Reid!"

I loved that she gets caught drooling and day dreaming about how gorgeous he is. (I may have drooled a bit too):

  Now she was having a hard time looking away from him.
  He'd always been toned in high school, but this was ridiculous. The man redefined Michelangelo's idea of perfection, making the Statue of David look like a flabby wuss. His dark blond hair was cut close to his head and brushed forward and to the centre, creating the tiniest of faux-hawks, and giving his model-perfect looks a slight edge. Then there were the tattoos...good Lord, the tattoos.
  Black tribal designs wove an intricate pattern around his upper right arm, over his shoulder and pectoral muscle, and snaked midway up the right side of his neck. Down the right side of his ribcage was the phrase Fight to Win in script letters, ending at the cut muscle that slashed diagonally to his-
  "Lu?"
  She met his discerning hazel eyes. "Hmmm?"
  "You gonna start talking or do I have to revert to tickle torture?"
  Nice, Lucie, real smooth. Get a grip, would you? It's just Reid.

Reid and Lucie agree to have a "short term" relationship but it's obvious they have real feelings for each other but just aren't quite brave enough to admit it. Swoon worthy quote alert:

  "You, Reid Andrews, are exactly who I want."
  Although his brain tried to tell him she only meant here and now- because it wasn't a secret who she truly wanted for the long haul-he couldn't stop his heart from leaping in his chest.
  "That's good Luce. 'Cause you're exactly who I want, too." Now, and every day after that.

Apparently it was this picture of the gorgeous model/actor/artist Parker Hurley that inspired Gina to write Seducing Cinderella. As a fellow Parker Hurley fan I salute you Gina! 

You can read the first two chapters of Seducing Cinderella here.

GINA L. MAXWELL ONLINE:
Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads


My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.




22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is genuinely my pleasure Wednesday's are my favourite day of the week now, I always know I can come home from work and check out all the lovely book boyfriends:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for keeping this going!!

    Great pick this week! Those quotes!!! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You picked some very swoon worthy quotes yourself Amy, that first quote made me swoon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lesley! I've been out of the MBB loop for a few weeks so I was surprised to see the pic buzz (I'd already made my post--oops!) and the temporary new home for MBB! Thanks so much for taking over this fun meme so Missie can buckle down at school!

    Oh, that picture link -- hello, gorgeous! Wow! Swoon-and-a-half is right!
    Great post, Lesley! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena welcome back into the MBB fold! I love this meme so I was more than happy to babysit it until Missie is back. I'm going to check out EVERYONE'S posts I can't wait:)

      Delete
  4. OMG! Even before reading that Reid was inspired by Parker, I had him in mind after reading about his hair. LOL But damn, that is a hot picture. Thanks for the link.

    "And sometimes a state of being." <--- LMAO! I love hot guys with a sense of humor. I wish Reid would train me in the art of seduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I would be first in the queue for Reid's special training Missie!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for keeping MBB going1 It's one of my all-time favorite memes! :)
    And goodness gracious, you picked a fabulous picture too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite meme too Joie I look forward to Wednesday's so much now.

      Delete
  6. Yay for helping Missie out with MBB...:) And yay for finding your blog today...good to meet you Lesley...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too Tina, I've found loads of great blogs through MBB, I love all the swoon worthy quotes everyone posts.

      Delete
  7. It's super cool of you to help Missie out with the MBB ! It's such a lovely fun meme! (:
    Great BB btw! Love the quotes~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I really did have to limit myself when choosing the quotes Reid has loads of great quotes which makes him a very worthy book boyfriend I think.

      Delete
  8. Reid sounds amazing! I haven't heard of this, but I'm adding it to my wishlist now. That last quote is to die for! Thanks for sharing and helping Missie out with MBB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer I'm so glad you've added Seducing Cinderella to your wish list it's a hot little book!

      Delete
  9. I seriously LOVE this guy! Those quotes definitely have me needing to read this right now. Thank you so much for sharing – Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You need to read it Amy it's AMAZING!

      Delete
  10. Hi Lesley! Thank you so much for featuring Reid as your Book Boyfriend! It makes me incredibly happy to know people have fallen for him just as much as I have. :) It was a true pleasure watching him work his magic on Lucie and discover all of the little hidden things that make him great as he revealed them to me over the course of writing the book. You picked out some great quotes! I'd be hard pressed to choose my favorites--he has so many good ones! LOL Thanks again, and I hope your post inspires people to read SC and fall in love with Reid all on their own. *hugs*

    ~G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squeeeee thank you so much Gina, Reid is a worthy book boyfriend he's one very delicious guy!

      Delete
  11. I've been browsing your blog after one of my fav authors retweeted one of your tweets and this post grabbed my attention right away! I love how you incorporate the quotes into your posts, it's always nice to get a feeling for the story and the main characters.
    This sounds like a book I would like to read. I enjoy reading about kick-ass-heroines as much as the next girl, but I like the shy type as well. It seems like in this story the heroine starts off shy and finds strenght and confidence throughout the story. And, of course, the hero doesn't sound so bad as well ;] I'll definitely have to check it out!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.