Saturday, 4 August 2012

New books and other stuff


Hi everyone, I hope you've all had a good week.

This week I bought

I've had Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews pre-ordered for ages, the genius husband and wife team are up there at the top of my auto buy list. I also bought Moonglow by Kristen Callihan which I've already read but wanted a nice copy for my bookshelf. My impulse buy was The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper I love her Naked Werewolf series so thought I would give this a go.

My impulse Kindle purchase was

Another impulse buy was Because You Are Mine by Beth Kery this is part 1 of 8 in a serialisation which will be out every Tuesday. I read the blurb and thought it sounded very Fiftyish so bought it without thinking about the price. Part 1 was just a few chapters which definitely caught my attention and ended with a gigantic OMG I need to read more. On reflection though, I'm not too keen on the idea of a serialisation firstly because I lack patience and secondly at £1.49 for each part that means in total it's £11.92 ($19.04) for a kindle book which I think is daylight robbery. BUT it was sooo good so now I'm in a quandary do I buy the other 7 or not?

For review

Into the Woods by Kim Harrison squeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
and
Boyfriend From Hell by Jamie Quaid and Kept by Shawntelle Madison
(Thanks Edelweiss)


I bought some bookmarks
I love Edgar Degas paintings of dancers backstage or in rehearsals so I had to buy
The Red Ballet Skirts bookmark from The Burrell Collection.
The second bookmark with the old fashioned Glasgow bus may need translating "C'MON GETAFF!" in Glaswegian actually means "Please leave this bus immediately" in English. I had to buy it.

In other news
I saw Brave. It was good I cried at the end (my kids didn't and they laughed at me).


I went to Edinburgh to see the comedian Frankie Boyle who is rude but hilarious,
I had a few cocktails beforehand and stayed in a posh hotel.


I took a picture of a baby Highland cow (he was cute but very smelly).


Finally, I got lost in this kids maze and had to be rescued by my seven year old daughter.
I have no sense of direction.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! (That is some cocktail!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to read some Kim Harrison books! Everyone seems to enjoy them! Thanks for sharing! Happy reading! :-)

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-haul-of-diversity-tiredness.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg you got the new Kim Harrison???? I am so so so so so so so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous week, Lesley! I so want to see Edinburgh... *sigh* Also, Gunmetal Magic! I can't wait to read it too, but I need to finish my current book first. Loved your cocktails and your book haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, those cocktails look yummy! I also had Gunmetal Magic on pre-order - I want to read it straight away but I think I have to read a couple of review books first...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.