Sunday, 19 August 2012

New signed books and other stuff


Hi everyone , how are you all doing?

This week I went to the Edinburgh International Book Festival, it's a big event held over a two week period in the centre of Edinburgh, some of it's a bit high brow for me but they always have great children's and young adult authors attending. I went to hear LA Weatherly and then Alyxandra Harvey speak. Authors generally speak and take questions for about an hour and then sign books for everyone. Both were really fascinating, LA Weatherly showed us some picture of who she thought her characters looked like as well as showing us a picture of her office where she writes and shelf full of notebooks where she jots down ideas (she had loads of notepads clearly a woman after my own heart). Alyxandra Harvey was so sweet and funny and gave out tattoo transfers to everyone.

 I also manged to get some other signed books too, I'm planning to head back on Friday to see Jennifer E. Smith and Katie Dale.




Other stuff
I'm always on the look out for kindle bargains and bought a few good ones
(the covers just spoke to me):
I also got
This gorgeous early sampler of Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone so I was pretty intrigued when this was delivered.

All in all it's been a pretty good week.

7 comments:

  1. OOO, everyone is getting new Laini Taylor! I'm jealous! ;) Fantastic week for you, and well done for going to the book festival, Lesley! Enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I wanted to go badly but couldn't!!!! Next year I'm making sure I go!!! Even if I'm ill!! Lol. Amazing books. I love Alyxandra Harvey!!!!

    Check out My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love getting signed books. It makes them so special - alas the one thing Kindle can't do! I reallyt need to catch up and read Lani Taylors first book - it's one that has been staring at me from the shelf for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such great books and I love that so many are signed copies! Congrats! :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really excited for Days of Blood and Starlight. Glad you had fun at the festival. Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Cat @ Addicted 2 Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great books! I get to head to a book festival in a few weeks. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.