Wednesday, 26 September 2012

My book boyfriend- Cole from Playing to Win by Jaci Burton


Hi everyone welcome to another week of book boyfriends co hosted by yours truly whilst Missie @ The Unread Reader is studying hard for her final semester of school.
 
I ADORE Jaci Burton's Play-by-Play series, she writes the most fabulously hot sports romances and her heroes are always very deliciously alpha male-ish.
 
Her latest book is Playing To Win, now, look at that cover what's not to like about that book? I have a large postcard of the cover in pride of place in my office. I may have actually licked it once or twice and have spent a large amount of time looking very closely at the groin area *winks*
 
Anyway, the hero Cole is a wide receiver with the Traders (being Scottish I don't actually know what that means but I don't even care) he's a bit of a bad boy hot head with a reputation that screams I am not a team player, so when Savannah is sent to work with him as his image consultant sparks obviously start flying.
 
I picked a few Cole quotes that may tempt you:
 

Savannah's first glimpse of Cole pretty much sums up how gorgeous he is: 
"Lord have mercy, but Cole Riley's photos and videos did not so the man justice.
In person he made a woman go weak in the knees. Savannah was glad she was sitting down, because she understood the mystique she'd read about in the tabloids and all the articles about him as a lady killer. Sure, she'd seen all the photos, and he certainly was pretty. Great body, beautiful dark hair...He was perfect and delicious. About six foot one and 215 pounds of sex on a stick would be her guess."
 
 As a professional footballer he's not exactly lacking in self confidence:
"She met him outside the locker room after he took his shower.
"You still here?"
"I am." She followed him down the hall. "You had a great practise today. You looked amazing."
That got a twitch of a smile from him. "Honey, I am amazing."
"Your modesty touches me."
 
 Despite all his bravado and stubbornness when he says words like this, I just melt into a puddle of goo:
He took her hand in his. "I'm in love with you. I don't take those words lightly, Peaches. And with love comes commitment. I'll always be here for you. I'm not going anywhere. I'm never going to leave you."

*Le sigh* hot cover and hot sports hero who made me laugh and drool, Cole Riley is definite book boyfriend material.

My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.

 

10 comments:

  1. Hmm, his description puts me in the mind of a football player I used to see. He definitely sounds like someone I need to get to know better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh tell me more about your footballer Jade, inquiring minds want to know lol!

      Delete
  2. I like this series and I definitely have to read this book.
    Cole seems great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first two books in the series and really can't wait to read them! Cole sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would like this series Autumn. True fact!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hehe my thought exactly. I'm very partial to covers with naked man chest on them!

      Delete
  5. Oh, that cover! *fans face* And great quotes too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read this series, but I love hot football player heroes! I think I stared at the cover a bit before actually reading your post. Love the quotes you chose especially the Peaches one. Sorry for the delayed comment! Thanks for hosting once again!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.