Wednesday, 12 September 2012

My book boyfriend: Jake from The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle



Welcome to another week of My Book Boyfriend hosted by little old me whilst the amazing 
Missie @ The Unread Reader is busy with her final year of school.

Books about talented tattooed rock stars are always a winner for me. I love all the bad boyness, all the drama and all the make up sex. The Mighty Storm had all of that and more. On two occasions I had to actually put the book down I was so totally overwhelmed and I thought I was never going to get my much longed for HEA.

Jake Wethers is the lead singer and brains behind the biggest band in the world The Mighty Storm. Tru and Jake were best friends until the age of fourteen when Jake moved from the UK to the states. Years later Tru is sent to interview him for a magazine and they immediately reconnect. Although Tru has a boyfriend Jake is determined to never let the only girl he has ever loved go again.

I've picked some non-spoilerish Jake quotes to get you in the mood, you can also check out Amy's book boyfriend post from last week- the girl has taste!



"Jake's eyes stay trained on mine. I think he looks a little stunned, and I'm not sure in this moment if that is a good thing or not.
"Tru?" His voice. It sounds the same, just deeper, manly, and more American than British now of course, but still the same. I've heard him talk on the TV, but hearing him, here, now talking to me - it's just Jake - the Jake I knew.
"Trudy Bennett?" he repeats. "My Trudy Bennett?"
His Trudy Bennett?"

"He slides his fingers in-between mine, entwining our hands like lovers would, and rests our bound hands onto his hard thigh.
I could pretend his touch on my back was nothing. But not like this.
I look across at him.
He stares back at me steadily, for a long moment before looking away, but I read his eyes clearly.
He wants me tonight.
And from what my eyes where saying back to him, I think I just said yes."

"Look at me," he says, firmly.
I pull my eyes to his.
"Don't go to him, Tru, please."
I sigh. "I'm sorry ... I have to"
he rubs his thumb gently over my skin. I'm lost to his touch again. I close my eyes, revelling in the feel of his skin on mine.
"You don't have to. Just go out there and tell him the truth, baby," he says, voice low, soft. "Tell him you're with me now ... then we can get out of here. Just you and me. We can go anywhere in the world you want."

The Mighty Storm is an epic roller coaster of a book. I wouldn't normally sympathise with a girl who cheats on her boyfriend but Tru's loved Jake since she was a teenager and she gets all swept up in his world and his passion, but her agonising over ditching her boyfriend actually made the story even more of a roller coaster for me. I gave The Mighty Storm 5 out of 5 I loved it.

My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.



5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I've had too much going on the last two weeks. Next week I will be back with a boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I need to see your book boyfriends Autumn, they're always crush worthy!

      Delete
  2. *swoon* Jake sounds great! I love the premise of the Mighty Storm, i don't know, I'm just a sucker for childhood-friends-turned-something-more stories! :)
    Great pick this week Lesley! This is definitely going on my TBR shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joie, I'll need to look out for your review when you've read it. I think you will love it.

      Delete
  3. Jake sounds so sweet! I'll definitely check this book out because of this post and your great review. Life got a little hectic this week so I didn't have time to do a MBB post. But, I'll be back next week!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.