Saturday, 1 September 2012

New books and other stuff


Hi everyone hope you've all had a good week. Here's the books I got this week:

I bought

Eighty Days Yellow by Vina Jackson and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire were both an impulse buy in Tesco. I read Beautiful Disaster ages ago on my kindle but I like to have physical copies of my favourites on my shelf. I also got Widow's Wed by Jennifer Estep and Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh, I love both authors to the max and would buy ANYTHING they wrote. I can't wait to start them, in fact I've decided I'm going to read my own books currently sitting on my bookshelf this month and put all my review books to the side. 

On kindle

I also bought The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle which I read this week. OMG it was fantastic if you like a bad boy rock star hero then you need to read it. I also bought No Flowers Required by Cari Quinn, I've enjoyed loads of Brazen's books recently and this one sounds pretty good too.

Other stuff


I'm nursing a bit of a hangover as I was out at Saint Jude's in Glasgow for my friend Hannah's leaving night. Saint Jude's is amazing it has afternoon tea with tiny cakes and tiny sandwiches and the most amazing cocktails in tea cups. We went straight for the cocktails which is why when I woke up this morning and saw this horse at my front door I thought I was still drunk. 

It was actually for what looked like the most amazing wedding ever! I love how the horse is looking at me with a "and what????" kinda look on its face as it's owner tried to convince him to get back into his giant horse truck!!


7 comments:

  1. Ha. I would have loved to have woken up to that. My husband woke up from being drunk to find our townhome flooded. :[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Melanie, that sounds awful and enough to put you off drink for life.

      Delete
  2. I think seeing that outside would have me checking my blood-alcohol level as well!I was suprised enough to find a neighbours cat sat outside with a pigeon feather in its mouth the other day...
    Great haul this week! I really need to read some Jennifer Estep Assassin books...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny thanks for sharing the picture! I think I would have thought the same as well. Happy reading darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your books =)
    I loved Beautiful Disaster and I hope you do too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I LOVE IT.... and now I feel better knowing I'm not the only woman with a kindle full of half-naked man books (as my hubby teases)... :) Can't wait to read your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul!!! Enjoy! I'll need to check out Eighty days Yellow.

    Check out Our Book Haul

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.