Wednesday, 10 October 2012

My book boyfriend- Braden from On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

 
Hi everyone welcome to another week of My book boyfriend which I'm co-hosting on behalf of
 
After seeing roughly a billion 5 star reviews for On Dublin Street by Samantha Young I decided I really had to give it a go. I thought it was A-MAZ-ING based in Edinburgh it has a completely swoon worthy Scottish hero, a heroine I would want to befriend and a hot romance that made me all melty.

Jocelyn Butler leaves the states and heads to Edinburgh after a tragic accident, answering an ad for a roommate Jocelyn moves into Ellie Carmichael's beautifully restored period flat. Ellie's brother Braden a successful businessman had bought the flat and restored it as an investment giving it to Ellie whilst she completed her PhD. Jocelyn realises that the shmexy stranger she shared a taxi with is Ellie's older brother when she gets out of the bath and runs into him completly naked whilst dashing out to get her towel. Jocelyn realises he's gorgeous, wealthy, protective and interested in her but with issues from her past she's determined not to let him into her heart. They agree to have a no strings attached relationship but Jocelyn doesn't quite realise how determined Braden really is. I thought On Dublin Street was well worth a five out of five rating, you can check out my review here.

Here's some of my favourite quotes:
 
"The suit wasn't classically handsome, but there was a twinkle in his eye and curl to the corner of his sensual mouth that, together with the rest of the package, oozed sex appeal. Perhaps in his late twenties or early thirties, I could tell from the lines of his extremely well-tailored, expensive silver-grey suit that he wore, that the suit worked out. He sat with the ease of a fit guy, his stomach iron flat under the waistcoat and white shirt."
 

"I wrenched the bathroom door open and stepped out into the airy hallway.
"Uh... hullo," a deep voice chocked out, snapping my eyes up off the puddle I was making on the hardwood flooring.
A squeal of shock got crushed in my windpipe as I gazed into the eyes of the Suit.
What was he doing here? In my house? STALKER!
My mouth hung wide open as I tried to work out what the hell was going on; it took me a minute to realise his eye's weren't on my face. They were running all over my very naked body....
I flushed inwardly. "Aren't you going to apologise?"
Braden gifted me a roguish smile. "I never apologise unless I mean it. And I'm not apologising for this. It's been the highlight of my week. Possibly my year." His grin was so easy-going-coaxing me to smile back at him. I wouldn't."
 

"When it comes to you... I don't like to share."
There was no time to process that. One minute I was staring incredulously up at him, the next the soda can was hitting the floor and my ass was on the desk as Braden collided with me. The heat and strength of him overwhelmed me as his large hand gripped the back of my neck and his other tugged my left thigh up, allowing him to push in between my legs and position me over the desk. His mouth crashed down on mind and the desire my body had been harbouring for him for weeks took control of me."
 

"I spent last night going over and over the last six months in my head and I know that you're lying to me. I know you love me, Jocelyn, because there's no fucking way I can be this much in love with you, and not have you feel the same way. It's not possible."
 

"You make me laugh, you challenge me, you turn me on like no one else can. I feel like I'm missing something really important when you're gone. So important I don't feel like myself. I've never felt like someone was mine before. But you're mine Jocelyn, I've known that from the moment we met. And I'm yours. I don't want to be anybody else's, babe."
 
I saw that the author Samantha Young pictures the model David Gandy as her Braden, I am sooooooo with her on that! You can check out her David Gandy post here.
 
My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. I can't wait to read this. I've had it since it came out and it's on the docket for this month. May have to move it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...I really need to read this book now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Am. Melting.
    Oh my gosh, I really need to add this book to the top of my TBR shelf. I love a scottish hero! <33

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.