Wednesday, 3 October 2012

My book boyfriend: Ethan from In Bed With the Opposition by Stephanie Draven


Hi everyone welcome to another week of My book boyfriend hosted by yours truly whilst Missie @ The Unread Reader is studying hard for her final semester of school.
 
In Bed with the Opposition by Stephanie Draven looks at first glimpse to be another of those hot little romance's that I devour in a few hours, don't get me wrong it is a hot little romance but it's also sassy, funny and a touch addictive!
 
Grace Santiago works for senator Halloway she's loyal to the core but her loyalties are tested when Ethan Castle walks back into her life and becomes the campaign manager/political gunslinger for the opposition's candidate. Grace considers Ethan to be the worst mistake she ever made in law school seven years ago. To Ethan, Grace was the girl who cut him off without an explanation leaving him bewildering and brokenhearted which pissed him off a bit. He had even given her his prized DVD set of The West Wing which he had thought counted had counted for something!

Ethan goes all out to get Grace back but with the campaign coming to a head can (sort of) enemies remain lovers?
 

I picked some yummy Ethan quotes to give you a taste of the hot, super smart and funny campaign manager:

Her Spidey sense makes her aware that someone is watching her... 
"she looked up to see... the worst mistake she'd ever made in her life.
Ethan Castle.
In the flesh.
Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of God.
He looked just the same as he did seven years ago. No, he looked better. Intense green eyes that would make any woman go weak in the knees. Dark hair tousled and too long, spiking out above the collar of his cream-coloured suit."
 
 He tries to convince Grace to go out to dinner with him but she's having none of it:
"Sorry, I'm busy."
"Make time for me." He said it with the arrogance of a man used to getting his own way. He was so damned sure of himself.
And that flustered Grace.
She waved her hands to keep him at bay. "Look the only opening in my schedule is a two-hour window next Sunday between ten and noon during  which my big excitement will be a trip to the EZ-Clean Laundromat."
"Great! It's a date."
With that, Ethan Castle adjusted his backpack and walked away.
Wait, what?
Grace called after him. "That wasn't an invitation!"
Ethan put his hand to his ear and pretended he couldn't hear. "See you Sunday!"
 
 I highlighted this tiny little quote when I read it, arrgghhh it's so sweet!
"I always fight for every vote."
"What exactly are you campaigning for?"
He looked her right in the eye. "You."

 When Ethan makes it clear that he loves both sides of Grace I did a little "virtual dance"
"I was afraid that kind of girl isn't good enough... you know, for someone to stay. I want to be the kind of girl that you make love to, not the kind of girl you hook up with in hotel rooms and library stairwells."
Ethan's frown deepened. "Why are those different girls? You're smart and sexy. You're prudent and courageous. You're a good girl and a bad girl. You're a waffle girl and a Napoleon cake girl. I've told you before that you can have it all. You don't have to put yourself in a box, Grace, because you're already the whole package."

My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please!



 

6 comments:

  1. well this sounds yummy! I'll have to add it to my tbr. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another kindle bargain Autumn you need to try it:)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this one, but it looks great. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it Melissa, I'm a new follower of your blog now!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like alot of fun! I love that last quote...it made me smile with happiness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'awwwww I am swooning over that last quote! <33
    I will definitely have to check out this book. Thanks for sharing Lesley! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.