Thursday, 29 November 2012

After Fifty review: If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

15717721If I Were You
Inside Out Trilogy #1
Lisa Renee Jones
Publication date: 24th August 2012
Reviewed by Lesley

Wow. Late entry into my 5 out of 5 books for 2012! Described as part 50 shades part Basic Instinct If I Were You is a delicious blend of scorching hot romance and edge-of-the-seat suspense.

Sara McMillan is left a series of journals in a storage unit full of items previously owned by a mysterious young woman called Rebecca who appears to have now disappeared off the face of the earth. The journals are hot stuff telling the tale of Rebecca's dark and erotic relationship with an unknown man. School teacher Sara is intrigued but wants to return the private journals to Rebecca but first has to find her. After a bit of initial research (thank god for google) Sara finds that Rebecca worked at a local art gallery and as a fellow art lover Rebecca buys an expensive ticket to a showing which leads to her offering to help out the gorgeous but slightly scary and aloof gallery owner by temporarily taking over Rebecca's job. Immersed in Rebecca's environment Sara hopes she can finally discover her whereabouts and finds herself drawn to the famous (and hot) artist Chris Merit and her employer and gallery owner the domineering Mark.

If I Were You is well worth the 5 out of 5 rating, it's so much more than a 50 shades type of escapist romance. The mystery of Rebecca had me asking 5 billion questions- who is the man she was involved with? Is it Mark her employer? Is Chris the second man who Rebecca wrote about? Is Rebecca still alive or lying dead in some BDSM ditch? Is Sara heading down a similar path? Arrgghhh so many questions at one point I feared I would explode with all the questions especially with the giant cliffhanger ending. IF I Were You really kept me guessing and reading, I need the next book. Need.

Lisa Renee Jones's If I Were You is an absolutely dazzling and devastatingly brilliant romantic suspense, one of my favourites of the year. Highly recommended.


Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review If I Were You.

after fifty
After Fifty rating: 5 out of 5

Sexual tension   Thumbs up
Domineering alpha male boss Thumbs up
Intense millionaire artist  Thumbs up

Giant mystery that will keep you guessing  Thumbs up





 

LISA RENEE JONES ONLINE:
Website  |  Twitter Facebook  |  Goodreads

BUY THE BOOK:
Amazon UK  |  The Book Depository  |  Amazon.com

3 comments:

  1. Great review!!! I have heard good things about this author, but haven't had the chance to read her...I think I might have to check her out though!!! thanks for sharing!!! Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you should definetly check it out I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading this book, and I'm like you, I NEED the next book! Argh!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.