Wednesday, 7 November 2012

My book boyfriend: Brady from One Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye

 
My book boyfriend this week is Army Special Forces Sgt. Brady Scott from One Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye.
 

Brady is on forced leave from the military with some real anger management issues to sort out. The son of a violent alcoholic father Brady spent his youth protecting his younger sister after their mother died.

When Brady meets Joss at a local fireworks display they immediately hit it off but their one night stand gets complicated when Brady finds out that Joss is actually his neighbour.

Joss has her own issues, she grew up in care after her mother died so when she finds out she's pregnant and Brady's response isn't exactly what she expecting she decides she will go it alone and bring their child up without him.

There was times I wanted to seriously scream at Brady but underneath it all you just know he's a good guy who has to make peace with his past to get on with his future. To Joss though it might all just be too late.

If you like contemporary romance (which I clearly do!) then this would be right up your street. It's short but quite sweet and as usual I bawled my eyes out at the sad bits!!! Here's some Brady quotes:

Brady meets Joss at the fireworks after a run, he convinces her that he'll be back with dinner, I loved all the initial flirty flirtyness:
 "Wow. Thank you. This is enough to feed an army."
  He shrugged and gave her what was almost a sheepish smile, and Joss's stomach flipped at the appearance of this aw-shucks-good-guy persona, so different from the cocky bad boy he'd mostly shown her so far. "Wanted to be sure there was something here you'd like."
  Oh, she was in so much trouble. This guy was not only handsome and dangerously charming, but considerate, too. And going way out of his way for her. "Well, I like everything I see," she said, embracing a bit of brazenness even as her heart fluttered in her chest.
  Brady cocked an eyebrow, his brown eyes sparkling with mischief. "Do ya, now?"  
 
 Brady's hot and cold mood swings are just too much for Joss:
  "Brady pressed his lips into a line and nodded a single time. "I could not regret more the way I talked to you and the way I treated you. You didn't deserve it, not at all. And I know I reacted horribly to the news that you're...that you're pregnant. And if I could take it back, if I could do it over, I would. In a heartbeat."
 
 Brady makes a real effort to give Joss the distance she needs but is always there for her:
  "I'll go," he said in a low voice. "But I'm here. Do you hear me? All you have to do is knock, and I'll be here for you, Joss. All you have to do is knock."
 
One Night with a Hero has the hot schmexy moments, the OMG I can't believe you just said that you idiot man moments, the cry your heart out because he's damaged but trying really hard to do the right thing moments and then some all out romantic moments. I cried a fair bit!

One particular review of One Night with a Hero on Goodreads really caught my eye because the review posted a picture of her Brady (click here to see picture) the minute I saw Channing Tatum in a uniform I knew I would have to steal her Brady!
 
My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.

 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. Brady sounds so hot indeed! Ya! I think a night with him can make a girl burn in flames!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've totally sold me and I didn't even have to go looking at Channing (although I have a most excellent imagination when it comes to him, hmmmmm). Great book boyfriend/review! I'm going to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.