Wednesday, 14 November 2012

My book boyfriend: Will from Stealing Parker

BOOKBFTITLE
My book boyfriend is co-hosted by My keeper shelf whilst Missie from The Unread Reader is busy with her final semester of school.
 
stealing parker

I just finished Stealing Parker over the weekend, I don’t really read a lot of YA books nowadays but I enjoyed Catching Jordon by Miranda Kenneally so I thought I would give Stealing Parker a go. I’m so glad I did because I would have missed out on gorgeous nerd Will.

Some Will Whitfield (Corndog) facts:
- He loves science.
- He rides a lawnmower because he's been tweaking its engine and wants to see how fast he can get it to go.
- He got the nickname Corndog after spilling his corndog lunch on his first day of school.
- He’d competed with Parker for valedictorian for 3 years, she won by one tenth of a point.
- He's got a younger brother Bo who's autistic.

"Are you really our valedictorian?"
"Uh, yeah. I beat you by a tenth of a point, remember?" I chuckle.
"Besides we can't have someone named Corndog giving the valedictory speech. Everyone would spend the whole time salivating instead of listening. Everyone would just get up and leave to go get a corndog!"
He laughs, but then his face goes soft and pensive. "It's Will. You can call me that you know."
"But no one would have any idea who I'm talking about."
A pause. "I kinda like that."


"Why don't you ever date?" I ask him quietly...
"Ehhhh," he said. "It's kinda silly, I guess. I never really felt like I knew who I was, and I was so into beating you at valedictorian, I didn't want that extra burden, especially considering my parents need help with Bo and the farm."
"I get that."
"I mean, I see the guys on the football and baseball teams who have girlfriends, and it's like... it's their whole lives. I guess I want to have my own life first and then meet someone who can be a part of it...but not fill it...?" 


"I'm, uh" he says. "I've enjoyed getting to know you better and ...I want to try for something more."
"With me?"
He nods. "I wasn't sure at first, you know, if I wanted to pursue something serious with you." He moves a step closer-so close his breath warms my cheek. "But I do."
"You do?" I ask softly.
His hand slides onto my hip. "Yeah."

Isn't Will just lovely? It took Parker a long while to realise that the perfect guy for her had been under his nose forever, Will is a sweet and loyal nerd I loved him to bits. You can check out my Stealing Parker review here.

My book boyfriend is a weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader. To find out more check out Missie's introductory post here. To show off your fictional boyfriend link your MBB post below. Direct links only please.

8 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book. Will seems great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is Carla, I didn't notice him much at the start of the book but he really grew on me.

      Delete
  2. Awe! I loved Will too! Such a sweet guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Autumn it makes a change from all the bad boys I normally choose!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read this book for a while. Will seems like a guy you'd fall head over heels for especially because of the last quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasnim the last quote was my favourite from the whole book, he's so sweet and bashful I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will sounds super cute! I liked (but didn't love Catching Jordan), but I'm definitely going to check this one based on the potential of Will alone.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.