Saturday, 17 November 2012

New books and other stuff



Hi everyone
 
I've been MIA this week, I volunteered to bake a billion cakes for the bake sale at work in aid of Children In Need. I honestly think I've spent more time in the kitchen this week than in the eight years I've lived here (my husband loves cooking so I let him get on with it, hehe).
Anyhoo, I made 50 chocolate brownies, 72 iced cupcakes and a giant carrot cake which for someone who only realised how the oven worked a month ago is pretty good going.
We raised £566 for Children In Need so I was beyond happy but I don't think I want to bake another cupcake ever!
 
Here's the books I got over the last two weeks:
 
I bought
 

The Shattered Dark by Sandy Williams
Lord's Fall by Thea Harrison
The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst
 
For review
 Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep (squeeeeee! I love this series)
The Farm by Emily McKay
 
I've been busy reading:

 
I had a little trip to London for a meeting last week. Sadly I didn't have time to hit the shops but I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures of gorgeous buildings.
 





 
Have a good week everybody.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. One of these days I will visit London. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Great haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! I still need to get to my copy of The Shattered Dark, I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! I just read my first book by Probst, The Marriage Bargain. Loved it, lots of fun and romance :)
    Hope you have a great week!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got The Farm this week as well -I love the sound of it and massive Yay for Crimson Frost.
    That was a lot of baking! Well done for raising so much money. I'm no good at baking - I prefer tasting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, we went to almost the same places in London, Lesley! :) Well done on your outstanding baking and gorgeous reads, enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am starting the marriage mistake tomorrow, have my hopes up heard lot about it! hope its good

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.