Monday, 19 November 2012

Review: The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

The angelThe Angel
The Original Sinners #2
Tiffany Reisz
Publication date: 25th September 2012
Reviewed by Lesley

In Tiffany Reisz’s first instalment The Siren Soren’s character shocked me and if I’m honest scared me just a little bit. The Angel has completely changed my opinion of him. As Soren’s story unfolded I finally understood why Nora went back to him. Yes he’s still the master manipulator and his intelligence and ability to read people is still a little bit frightening but I could see that the sadist priest and the former dominatrix, seductress and erotica author love each other. It might not manifest itself in the way the average person expects it to, but for me it absolutely shone through.

The Angel isn’t as deliberately shocking as The Siren was but the story will blow your mind and scare the shit out of you when you realise that you now have an unhealthy book crush on a sadistic Priest. Like Nora herself, The Angel is beautifully complex, evocative, powerful and seductive. This series is a must, must read and goes straight into my list of favourite books of 2012.

lesleyratingwnum5

3 comments:

  1. I want me a sadistic Priest ;) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment made me laugh Siobhan! Crushing on priests, what next??? I can't wait to read The Prince now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love it!!!! And it will make you want Soren even more!! Best book in the series so far.

      Delete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.