Monday, 5 November 2012

Review: Iced by Karen Marie Moning

icedIced
Fever #6
Karen Marie Moning
Publication date: 30th October 2012
Reviewed by Lesley

I loved it. Just loved it. I’ll admit I was worried that I wouldn’t like it as much as the previous books in the Fever series because hey, Barrons is the undisputed alpha king of the jungle and Dani well, she's only a kid, ok she's a kid with superpowers, but she's still a kid, but OMG Iced is outstandingly good.

I think you would need to have read the first five books in the Fever series to really understand and appreciate the after the wall crash Dublin. Iced has all the characters you would expect there although there's only tiny little glimpses of Mac and Barrons but do you know what? I got to the end of Iced and realised I hadn't even miss them Iced's mystery had me glued to the pages.

Dani isn’t actually as annoying as I thought she might be. Yes there’s a lot of “dude!” but there’s also a maturity there too, she’s been through a lot and she has been killing fae since she was nine years old. Iced made me see Dani in a different light altogether, her childhood spent in a cage, her freeze framing superpowers and her feelings of guilt and missing Mac made me like her more than I did previously.

I loved the supporting characters, I wasn’t as icked out by the three men surrounding Dani as I thought I would be. It was explained that both Christian and Ryodan see the potential in Dani, in what she will be when she grows up and I’m fine with that (I know some people may not be).  Iced sees Christian turning more and more like an Unseelie Prince with fewer and fewer glimpses of the good natured lie detecting Scot I knew and loved. I loved Dancer Dani’s best pal and super nerd but I definitely get the impression there’s more to him than meets the eye. And Ryodan? OMG. I’m even more looking forward to more of Ryodan. Like Barrons he’s all alpha male, mysterious and deadly. At this point it's not clear who Dani's future love interest will actually be so I guess we'll just need to wait a bit longer.

As a (sort of) first instalment Iced had that blend of killer storyline, great dialogue and that overwhelming feeling that there’s WAY more to come. Iced is EPIC you need to read it.

lesleyratingwnum5

5 comments:

  1. We are so on the same page with this :D I loved it too & can't wait for the next one already lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First thing I did Mel was check Goodreads to see when it's out!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this review. I LOVED the Fever series, so I have been looking forward to this book, but ... I have been way worried about Dani being the main character in this one when she is so young. I've been worried that it would be beyond icky to see someone that young in a romantic situation in the same way that the Fever scenes were written. So I've put off reading this one. Your review gave me the confidence to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your going to give it a try Melissa, I'm pretty sure you will love it. One thing I didn't mention in my review (and it only just came to me!) Iced is actually an easier quicker read too.

      Delete
  3. Delicious review, Lesley! I can't wait for the end of the month when my book ban finishes.First thing I do on December 1st? I'll buy ICED :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.