Monday, 24 December 2012

Best books I’ve read in 2012


I’m participating this week in the Top 10 of 2012- A week of looking back… and looking forward hosted by Rachel at (Fikt)shun and some other fabulous bloggers.
 
Today’s post is the best books I’ve read in 2012. Narrowing this down to 10 books has been so difficult so I’ve kind of cheated a little bit and separated my favourite contemporary romance books and will show them on Wednesday, even then I still couldn't just pick ten books!
But hey it’s the season of goodwill so just bear with me.
 
So here’s some of my favourite books of 2012. (Click on the titles to see my review)

Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson, Iced by Karen Marie Moning and Poison Princess by Kresley Cole all gave me the "OMG that's going to be a fantastic new series" warm and fuzzies.

Stacia Kane and Jennifer Estep are two authors on my author auto buy list and they didn't let me down in 2012. I loved Sacrificial Magic and Chasing Magic from the Downside Ghost series and Dark Frost from the Mythos Academy series.

Grave Mercy, Angelfall and Shadow and Bone were all books I'd seen a few good reviews from bloggers whose opinions I trust so I'm really glad I picked all three up they were out of this world fantastic!

I loved Kristen Callihan's Firelight  and I think I went on at great length about how amazing Blade Song by J.C. Daniels was for about a month, I cannot wait for the next book.
And finally, Veronica Roth's Insurgent absolutely lived up to all the hype, my signed copy lives in a very special place on my bookshelf.

So that's some of my favourites of 2012 would any of them make your favourites list? 

8 comments:

  1. Full Blooded and Iced are in my top books too, I had a great book year and it was so hard to chose mine aswell.. I really need to get around to the Downside books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of paranormal on your list. I know you read a mix like I do, but I was still surprised. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I really have to hurry up and finish reading the Fever series so I can read Iced, and Poison Princess sounds awesome.

    My Top 10 of 2012 is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poison Princess was definitely awesome, especially the end! I am looking forward to where the sequel might take us. I also love Insurgent and Angelfall. I still really need to read Shadow and Bone and Grave Mercy. They slipped me by this year. Great list! :)

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Angelfall a lot. I want to read Shadow and Bone. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dying to read Poison Princess, Insurgent, Angelfall, and Shadow and Bone! I haven't read any of these yet though :-(
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree about Angelfall, Firelight, and Dark Frost. All the others are on my wishlist and I hope to read them soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, from a new GFC follower.

    A great selection: I haven’t read all of these, but quite a few are on my TBR list! :)

    My Top 10 Reads: http://coffeecookiesandchilipeppers.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-of-2012-best-books-read-in-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.