Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Best contemporary romance (with a hint of spice) books of 2012


I’m participating this week in the Top 10 of 2012- A week of looking back… and looking forward hosted by Rachel at (Fikt)shun and some other really fabulous bloggers.
 
2012 was the year that I fell in love with contemporary romance in a big way. Partly inspired by my love of Fifty Shades of Grey I went on to find so many other fabulous kindle bargains that left me drooling.
 
So here's my favourite drool worthy contemporary romance, with a little hint of spice, books of 2012.
(click on the title to see my review)

More Than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart, Strangers by Barbara Elsborg and Time Out by Jill Shalvis were outright favourites of mine in 2012.

In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker was my favourite of her completely fabulous Black Knights, Inc series. I actually only discovered Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbour series after reading and loving Time Out I enjoyed them all but Forever and a Day was my favourite of the series. I also really loved Jennifer Probst's Marriage to a Billionaire series, the first book The Marriage Bargain really is romance at it's best.

Tiffany Reisz's The Angel is like nothing out there right now, I mean, how many authors can make you develop a crush on a sadistic priest? If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones was a last minute addition to my favourite contemps of 2012 I cannot wait for the next instalment. The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle satisfied my "I love books about bad boy rock stars" craving, I loved it to bits.

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young literally blew me away! I fell for Braden big time and loved the Scottish connection. I added Ruthie Knox to my author auto buy list after reading About Last Night. And finally, I loved, loved, loved the mature YA The Boys of Summer by C.J. Duggan it was soooo good (and a bargain!).

Tomorrow's post will be my favourite book boyfriends of 2012, and you KNOW how much I love a book boyfriend!

1 comment:

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.