Sunday, 30 December 2012

New books and other stuff



Hi everyone, I hope you had a good Christmas!
 
Here's what books I got this week:
 
I won a signed copy of Blade Song by J.C. Daniels aka Shiloh Walker from Goodreads First Reads, and look! it's signed! Arrrggghhhh!! It now has pride of place in my real keeper shelf, you can check out my review here. I've already pre-ordered the sequel Night Blade and counting down the days to the 4th of March.
 

 From my Secret Santa (Kayleigh @ K-Books) I got Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis. I love a good Jill Shalvis romance and it's got a dog on the cover so I'm guaranteed to love it.


Other stuff
My lovely husband bought me a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas
(as well as my obligatory Beardie Collie Calender which is full of cute Beardies that look perfectly groomed. I like to show it to my Beardied Collie Harry especially after he's been to the park and comes back covered in mud, just to let him see what we should aspire to. Oh, and Maltesers yum.
 

 
This is Harry.
 
 
What I've noticed about the Kindle Fire HD
It's bright, like too bright and I can't figure out how to tone it down. I'm now having to read with the Sepia (brownish) colour mode. Like I'm an old lady. Secondly, it needs charged every night, my old kindle got charged about once a month, granted I've been faffing about with it loads but still! Finally, it could be really lethal for your bank balance as games and books, etc are all very accessible.
One thing is bugging me, I would like to move the books I've read into a folder or something, I don't want to delete them off the device but I can't work out how to do it so if anyone knows give me a shout!
 
Plans for 2013
As the end of the year approaches I've been thinking about my plans for 2013. I signed up for a few challenges at the start of 2012 and failed every single one of them miserably so I've decided I won't join any official 2013 challenges and will just set my own (and probably change them half way through the year)
 
Clear my Kindle
Clear my shelves
Catch up on my series
 
I've created new shelves on Goodreads to monitor my progress and I might do that progress bar thingy that I've seen around the blogosphere if I can figure out how to do it.
I've got a gorgeous blog makeover planned for early January, it's going to be all simple and pretty. I've got a couple of reviews planned and then I think I'm going to take a little blogging break in January to recharge the old blogging batteries.
 
Phew, end of ramble!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous plan, Lesley! Looking forward to your make-overs, not that there is anything wrong with your blog now, it's just always interesting to see other people's work :) I still haven't read Blade Song but definitely will be doing it soon. Enjoy all your books, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have a Kindle fire but not the HD so I don't know if it's different. There is a way to adjust the brightness. On the top right next to the battery, there should be a little wheel. click that and it will drop down a menu. There should be a brightness button on there and you can adjust from there. Did that make any sense? LOL Also, there is no way to make folders on the Kindle Fire.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.