Sunday, 6 January 2013

A new look, some new books and what’s on my TBR list


 9738582

Look what I've done with the place! I've had a fab blog makeover courtesy of Louise Franks Designs she was absolutely amazing and it all went very smoothly as a result. I would definitely recommend her.

I wanted a clean and simple design and the only real bit of helpful information I could provide was that I liked the colours on the cover of Angels Flight by Nalini Singh. And, with only that tiny bit of information Louise has been able to come up with all this gorgeousness. Amazing.

 
Anyway, on to the books. I had an Amazon voucher or two burning a hole in my pocket so I bought two new books this week and pre-ordered quite a few soon to be released books. 6th Jan I've read and LOVED The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle (you can check out my review here) but I wanted a copy for my bookshelf and the cover, well it just speaks to me. I saw Shadows by Paula Weston on Kara from Nocturnal Book Reviews fabulous post "January book releases I’m looking forward to" it sounded intriguing and has had some great reviews, in particular I loved Nomes review, so I had to buy it.



I’ve decided this year not to sign up to any “official” challenges because I failed single every challenge last year, the type of books I was reading at the start of the year completely changed by the end of the year. So, I got busy writing a few lists and created a few shelves on Goodreads to motivate and organise me. I want to clear a whole load of books on my kindle, YA books on my book shelf, other books on my shelf and catch up with my favourite series. I’ve created a little page here on the blog to let you see my (lack of) progress throughout the year.

This week I want to finish off Temping is Hell by Cathy Yardley which is an absolutely fantastic paranormal romance I have for review and hopefully start Severed by Sarah Alderson and Going Under by Lauren Dane which I have for review and cannot wait to get started. I just wish I didn’t need to go back to work *sobs.*

7 comments:

  1. I love the new look, Lesley! I've been thinking about redoing my design so I'll definitely think about Louise. I have The Mighty Storm on my Ipad and I think I need to start it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of Angel's Flight is lovely. Great inspiration for a re-design. :)

    Good for you (regarding challenges)! I caved. :) I tried be a bit more organized about it. Let's see how I do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The result is fabulous! i hope you will enjoy your new books

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAA, I'm loving it, Lesley!!! So so nice! :) Also you got Shadows before me *wail* *flail* I'm so full of paperbacks that I don't dare to buy any for the next 2-3 months at least. Have to wait... :(
    Well done on not signing up for any challenges. I never do because life gets in the way and I don't want stressing out about something as insignificant as bookish challenge as well as work, bills and everything else. It's not worth it. ;))
    Hugs and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! I need to finish The Mighty Storm. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.